New MFP "Team" on Strava

Options
TheBigYin
TheBigYin Posts: 5,686 Member
http://app.strava.com/clubs/MFP_LeTourChallenge

I've set up a "support" club for the MFP LeTour Challenge that's soon to start running over on the Century+ Cycling Group.

It's membership by application or invite only, as I want to keep it just for the people in the actual challenge.

Two real reasons why I've set this up

1) its hopefully going to give an added dimension to the challenge, allowing members to "filter" their newsfeed by just the people on the TdF challenge, and also keep an eye on each others stats etc.

2) the same "filtering" will allow me to keep a better eye on the rides, in terms of who's ridden but not booked in their ride - so - for example, if one of us is away from home, and has the ability to upload their rides from the Mobile Phone App, but DOESN'T have viable access to a browser to edit their rides into the community based logging thread - if they upload their rides, I'll be able to enter the distances "provisionally" to give the rest of the team some idea of how many km's are still to be ridden that day.

So - if you've got an invite already, get joined. And if you're on the challenge, but haven't got an invite - contact me somehow - PM on here if needed, and i'll expedite things.

Cheers all, and keep the wind to your backs :drinker:

Replies

• cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    I'm in :wink:
  • DeliriumCanBeFun
    DeliriumCanBeFun Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I've requested to join.
    Wendy Robichaux
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    I've requested to join.
    Wendy Robichaux

Sorted :happy:
  • cloggsy71
    Options
    Are we (Team #1) still under 'FDS' sponsorship, or are we having to 'move teams'? I'm aware there have been some 'roster changes' (i.e. Jake 'jumping ship' to team 2 etc.)

Do we need a clear-out of the Strava 'Team FDS'?

Obviously FDS will be our team manager :o)
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Are we (Team #1) still under 'FDS' sponsorship, or are we having to 'move teams'? I'm aware there have been some 'roster changes' (i.e. Jake 'jumping ship' to team 2 etc.)

Do we need a clear-out of the Strava 'Team FDS'?

Obviously FDS will be our team manager :o)

TBH, the first "team" club was only ever intended to be a sort of "pop up" thing - use for one tour and throw it away...

Of course if you're feeling creative, and can come up with a new Name for Team 1, I'll swap the name, and purge the non-team-1 riders and invite the new ones... It might be cool if the 3x9 rider on team 2,3 and 4 set up similar teams, but i'm not making it a condition of riding or anything... not everyone is such a sad sack as me :laugh:
  • cloggsy71
    Options

TBH, the first "team" club was only ever intended to be a sort of "pop up" thing - use for one tour and throw it away...

Of course if you're feeling creative, and can come up with a new Name for Team 1, I'll swap the name, and purge the non-team-1 riders and invite the new ones... It might be cool if the 3x9 rider on team 2,3 and 4 set up similar teams, but i'm not making it a condition of riding or anything... not everyone is such a sad sack as me :laugh:

I don't mind 'Team FDS' to be honest...

The obvious one would be...

14547390841_7f888b2187.jpg
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    Managed to log in on the server side of my phone and joing the group. The hoops I jump through for the Strava app are amazing. :laugh:

I did notice that I can connect Strava to MFP now so my rides should show up automatically at this site. That's nice. I think I'll like those burns better than Endomondo. I will probably drop that program once I'm done with the National Bike Challenge thing in September.
  • rides4sanity
    rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I think I sent a request to join, but comp flickered funny... Work laptop needs an update...