Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Pewter Power!

2»

Replies

• Cutefrog
    Cutefrog Posts: 6
    April, My son won't eat veggies either. Make a fruit smoothie and sneak them in that way, or make a veggie tray. Something about quick eat finger foods makes a kid want to grab it.
  • Cutefrog
    Cutefrog Posts: 6
    Don't forget to log your weekly weigh-in on the spreadsheet by midnight (EST) tonight! If you miss two weigh-ins you are out of the challenge so logging is important!

How'd everyone do with their fruits and veggies this week? I do pretty well including them in my meals but once I started trying to hit my specific goals I realized that I wasn't really eating as much of them as I thought! Anyone else experience this?

Hope everyone has had a great week and has a great loss to post!

PEWTER POWER. Yay.

I did well on fruits and veggies. I ate corn and black bean salsa for lunch.. yummy and grapefruit and smoothies for breakfast.

Jessica
  • Novus175
    Novus175 Posts: 80
    And guess which team was in first place this week? Yep, that'd be us! We had an overall loss of 25 pounds - 12.57%.

Hooray Team Pewter!!! That's how we rock it!

:bigsmile:
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,803 Member
    Omg, impressive loss Loula! Betty and Bits you did amazing also. Actually our whole team is off to a great start. I've done tons of these challenges and tons of people sign up but don't really commit themselves to it. It looks like Pewter did a damn good job of keeping it together though:flowerforyou:

I'm gonna have to step it up for you all so we can keep our top rank. I've made a shopping list so I can get some fresh food into the house and i think that should help me a lot. My next step is to make a workout schedule... Its hard with my work schedule being all over the place but i think it might just be a matter of going to bed earlier so I can get moving faster in the morning:bigsmile:
  • Novus175
    My problem is finding a way to fit them in the budget. Fresh produce is so expensive, its tough to work it in.

Do you have an Aldi's supermarket in your area? Their produce is cheap and very good quality. In fact, all their groceries are significantly cheaper than other places, like 20-50% less. I do most of my shopping there!

Farmers markets are another great place to shop for produce in the summer. And a secret trick - if you go towards the last hour of market day the sellers are often willing to negotiate on their prices because they just want to get rid of the stuff rather than take it home.
  • Novus175
    And this week's mini challenge.......

Most people have a preference for either cardio or strength training and tend to like one type of workout more than another. The challenge this week is to get out of your exercise routine and try something all new to you!

Maybe you have a workout DVD you've never done. Or perhaps your gym offers classes and a drop-in option where you can take a class just once to try it. Or you have a friend who attends a class of some sort and can get you a guest pass. Or you could hunt down something new and interesting on the internet - there are a lot of sources for free workouts out there.

So, what will be your new workout choice this week? Is it something you've always meant to try but haven't.....or is it something you dread doing? What's your favorite form of exercise and why do you prefer it?

Me, I love running. I'd rather do that than anything else. I love that it's self-competitive and goal-oriented. I love how it makes me feel. I love that it's simple - just throw on the sneakers and some tattered old clothes and head out the door. Bam....running. And what new thing am I going to try this week? A friend gave me a belly dancing workout DVD so long ago that it is coated with a foot of dust. I dislike dancy - choreographed types of workouts so I really don't even want to try it. But, who knows, it might be fun.
  • Aprilstar480
    My problem is finding a way to fit them in the budget. Fresh produce is so expensive, its tough to work it in.

Do you have an Aldi's supermarket in your area? Their produce is cheap and very good quality. In fact, all their groceries are significantly cheaper than other places, like 20-50% less. I do most of my shopping there!

Farmers markets are another great place to shop for produce in the summer. And a secret trick - if you go towards the last hour of market day the sellers are often willing to negotiate on their prices because they just want to get rid of the stuff rather than take it home.
    If you have time, going to actual farms and picking berries/fruit yourself is way cheap and kinda fun. We got a bunch of cherries, strawberries, and raspberries the other day for just $10!
  • Aprilstar480
    I love running too! Mud Runs are my favorite. I just started doing them a couple years ago and have already done at least 6 of them. I also like to dance. My gym has a class that I like to take as often as my schedule allows called Club Dance. You burn tons of calories and have a blast doing it. For my new/out of the norm routine, i think i will take a cycle class this week. I've done it before but don't really like it much cause it hurts my tush. My gym just started offering a shorter more intense cycle class though so I will get in on that one and see how it goes.
  • Novus175
    For my new/out of the norm routine, i think i will take a cycle class this week. I've done it before but don't really like it much cause it hurts my tush. My gym just started offering a shorter more intense cycle class though so I will get in on that one and see how it goes.

Sounds fun! If you have plans to continue with cycling, you might want to think about investing in some padded shorts....that'll help alleviate the "tush pain."

How's everyone else doing this week?
  • Aprilstar480
    Well, I missed my cycle class this morning so I'm gonna have to figure something else out for my new thing. Maybe I will still go bike riding. I don't have a bike but my oldest boys bike might work for me. His legs are much longer than mine so if he fits then I should too right?!

I just sent out links and friend requests to the whole team to hopefully get this thread a little more active. We did awesome last week on our weigh-in so I thought maybe a little more group encouragement might help us to hold our spot at the top of the list!
  • Loula2011
    Loula2011 Posts: 38 Member
    Hello Everyone!

Just wanted to say what a great job everyone did last week.

Week 2 was hard for me. I definitely wasn't expecting a great big loss but I was hoping for more than a pound. But I guess stress takes a toll on weight loss too.

Good luck this week everyone!
  • bits4226
    bits4226 Posts: 101 Member
    GReat job guys this week. I am not having a great week and is a.little worried.that I won't go any lower.I've been stuck at this number for a while. Sigh.

About the veggies I did pretty good
    For this week j will try this series l f workout DVD I have.
  • Novus175
    Hooray Team! We won again for Week 2! Way to go!

I, however, failed as your Fearsome Leader. :grumble: I completely forgot to log my weight on the spreadsheet.....and also never sent out a reminder to others to log their weight. I also did not complete the mini challenge. So many apologies. It was just a crazy week and my focus was scattered.

Good luck in Week 3 everyone!
  • bits4226
    Did anyone work out today? Going to try a DVD or a nice walk today. Keep trucking guys!!
  • Loula2011
    Loula2011 Posts: 38 Member
    Great Job on Week 2 Everyone!!! On the top of the charts two weeks in a row. We are doing awesome! Keep up the great work! Good luck this week!
  • Aprilstar480
    This week is just flying by! I've slacked on both logging and working out:embarassed: I've worked 12 days in a row now and still have 2 more before I get a day off. I'm starting to get a little worn down. BUT, it's my 5th anniversary this weekend and my husband and I are going to the beach to celebrate:bigsmile: We are leaving Thursday night though so if the chart isn't open for updates, I will just post my weight here if someone wouldn't mind plugging it into the spreadsheet for me on Friday.
  • bits4226
    Hi guys,
    I may have lost my place in the challenge and may need to tap out. Over the past few days my family has been dealing with something awful . My 13yo cousin , who is like a sister went missing. Thank God she was found and is doing fine but I am unsure if they would allow me to continue in the challenge. I am not sure if our team leader can put in a word for me to continue but Ive only missed one week even though the spreadsheet says two. As for you guys.. great job and keep on trucking. hopefully I can continue along with you.
  • Aprilstar480
    How's everyone doing? Its been pretty quiet around here.

Bits, did you contact Modella? I'm sure she would understand the situation and let you continue. Most of these challenge coordinators are fairly sympathetic. What a relief that your cousin was found safe. I have a 14 year old son and I could only imagine the thoughts going through your families heads. Such a vulnerable age!

Looks like I might finally have some sort of a set schedule now at my new job which will definitely help to get me back on board with a regular workout routine. I've got to figure out meal plans too though cause I'm working 11am to 8pm, straight through lunch and dinnerohwell I'm gonna try to get up and stay up with my husband in the morning to help give me more hours of the day to work with. He gets up any where between 3 and 6am though and I have never been a morning person. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do though, right?!
  • Aprilstar480
    HELP! I need cabbage recipes! Who knew when you cut off the first head SIX more would grow back!!!:noway:
  • bits4226
    Hi April and team Pewter,
    Thanks for everything. I hope that I can get back in for the next challange