Running alone

Options
iwannabinnarnia
iwannabinnarnia Posts: 179 Member
There is a 5k coming up that I really wanna run. It's linked with the Dayton Dragons and Subway. For the $25 you get a Dragons shirt, 2 tickets to a Dragons game, vouchers for 3 sandwiches at Subway.. etc.... BUT... my running friend is not available that day. I'm nervous/shy/scared to run a race alone... do you guys run alone? How is it? I just think I would feel out of place.

Replies

• CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    I never run with anyone else. There are plenty of people there doing the same thing you are. Go. Run, Have fun!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I've only recently been able to run with a friend because I inspired her to get started.

That being said, if I'm going for a PR I go by myself because she wants to do it socially.

You will have SO MUCH FUN. Do it.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Do it. The only runs I do with someone else are some of my Saturday long runs.

I've never run a race with anyone else. Unless you count "see you at the finish line" or "see you back at my house for barbecue and beers".

DO IT.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    There is a 5k coming up that I really wanna run. It's linked with the Dayton Dragons and Subway. For the $25 you get a Dragons shirt, 2 tickets to a Dragons game, vouchers for 3 sandwiches at Subway.. etc.... BUT... my running friend is not available that day. I'm nervous/shy/scared to run a race alone... do you guys run alone? How is it? I just think I would feel out of place.

If you need a running partner, hit me up. I'll run it with you.