Updates!!

Options
maizerage66
maizerage66 Posts: 367 Member
Had my first smoothie this morning and I will be getting a different brand of leafy greens. That stuff was nasty and there's better stuff out there. Overall the smoothie wasn't bad, but it would have been so much better with better greens! I'm looking forward to my lunch smoothie, this one tastes amazing no matter how bad the greens are lol

Replies

• AlyssaSupernova
    AlyssaSupernova Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Day 3 of smoothies: 1 cup kale, i banana and 10 fresh raw cherries, two tablespoons of fiber, water and ice.

I still have about 3 day's worth of kale so I'll just use that and combine it with different fruits for taste. I don't use milk and protein but will start adding them in slowly as I grow accustomed to the taste.
  • maizerage66
    Options
    That sounds good!! I'll have to try that sometime :D I had two smoothies today lol.

Breakfast: 1 handful of Spring Mix, 1 banana, 1/8 cup pumpkin seeds, 1 carrot, 2 tsp flaxseed, and 1 orange. Tastes great!

Lunch: 1 handful of Spring Mix, 1 banana, 1 pear, 1 handful grapes, 1/8 cup walnuts. This is my favorite one by far :D
  • AlyssaSupernova
    AlyssaSupernova Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    This is the second day in a row of me not having any green smoothies. I will have one for dinner tonight and definitely start back up tomorrow. Where you do you get recipes from and how do you log them? (please dont tell me individually!)
  • maizerage66
    Options
    I went two days in a row without them too, I baled hay all day the first day and was too ravenous to settle for a smoothie and yesterday I was not home to make one. But hey, it's all about consistency so as long as we get back to it we'll be fine! But I get my recipes from Nutribullet.com, but for the most part I just type in green smoothie recipes in Google and I get lots of results. And I hate to tell you this but I make a new entry by logging them individually to get the overall nutrition facts and then putting it into my own entry using the ingredients that I had. It's a lot of extra typing and stuff but if you want to be as accurate as possible then you gotta do that lol
  • jayersmith
    jayersmith Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I try to drink one green smoothie a day. It's time consuming but I do my best. I always make my own recipes and have to log them individually but I try to keep them simple and I never add fruit or powders. Kale or spinach is usually one of my main ingredients.