Just Say No (thanks)

Options
boslund2
boslund2 Posts: 4 Member
At work we have temptations every day. Birthday treats, anniversary celebrations, retirement parties and simply fellow co-workers who love to bake. How do we avoid the deliciousness? It smells good, it looks great, I want it so shouldn't I have it? Don't I deserve it?

It's hard to walk away from all these temptations and in moderation it's okay to indulge but it's all about accountability. How many times a week or even a day do we indulge? Do you plan out your week and know ahead of time that you have a birthday party on Saturday, drinks with the girls on Friday and Mom's house for dinner on Sunday? Think of all the indulgences we have for the week ahead. Ask yourself, which ones will I partake in.

The other side is to really focus on your goal, do you want to lose X pounds? How long have you been on that journey? Are you going to let that piece of chocolate cake set you back. Focus on what you want more.

myfitnesspal helps us be accountable...if you knew that a couple chips, a little spoon of dip, a couple vanilla wafers and some cream cheese dip would cost you over 500 calories would you still want it? We need to know the facts, get to know how unhealthy some of these snacks are and how they impact our daily calorie intake and be HONEST about it. Don't cheat yourself, make sure you measure your servings and don't underestimate. After all, you are the one that will pay the price.