July 2014 Thread

Options
Stoshew71
Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
Here is a discussion thread for those who will be doing the July Running Challenge located:
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1339788-july-running-challange

Feel free to post whatever you like. However, your goals should be declared in the actual thread link listed above as well as your daily run logs. Check back in this thread to give support to others that are running this challange with you. Or ask a question or help here.

Excited about hitting your goal and wish to have others celebrate with you? Post your accomplishment here.
Having troubles hitting your goal or suffered an injury? Post it here for more support.

Replies

• ninav1980
    ninav1980 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Thank for keeping the challenges going! They truly keep me on track! Just got back from vacation and decided to join mid month to get my momentum back. May and June were both 50 miles each. Gonna strive for 25 this month since I lost 2 weeks already due to vacation :)
  • electriq
    electriq Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling frustrated at the moment as I've been suffering from a pretty bad cold since the start of the week and have developed a nasty cough. I've missed 2 scheduled runs and I am itching to get out there but I know I need to wait for my chest to clear before I do. I wish I could give it a hurry up, I have a long run coming up and those are my favourite :-(
  • Stoshew71
    Options
    Welcome back from vacation Nina. It's never too late to join back in (or join in period, for that matter).
  • Stoshew71
    Options
    electriq: I am sorry about not feeling so well. I can imagine you getting that running itch. Hopefully you will be back at it soon and won't miss much! it's not fun being sick on so many levels.
  • Dianemarie65
    Dianemarie65 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am on week three of a 12 week half marathon training plan. So far I am doing well. Enjoyed a 5 mile run last weekend along the boardwalk at Myrtle Beach SC. It was fun running somewhere different. I am taking this plan day by day. I am so injury prone that I have to space my runs out. If my plan works out I will be running my 3rd half marathon this Fall in September. I may get a 10K in before that with my husband by my side. Have a great week everyone!!:flowerforyou:
  • electriq
    electriq Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Thanks Stoshew, I've been back running for a week now, yay!
  • Stoshew71
    Options
    All- The thread for this month rolled over. Part 2 can be found at the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1370290-july-running-challange

Please log your runs for the remainder of the month here. The August Running Challenge will be up in about a couple of days.