The Hero's Enclave

Options
daybehavior
daybehavior Posts: 1,319 Member
[Fission Battery]
Welcome to the Hero's Enclave. This is where you will be posting your forum related achievements you have completed (We will be keeping track of your weight loss and other achievements). They will be listed here for your convenience:

[He Had Won the Victory Over Himself...He Loved Big Brother]: Spot and follow a command issued by the Overseer planted somewhere in the Perks or Achievements section. Unlocks the "Overseer's Blessing" perk.

[Sympathetic Resonance]: respond to five or more posts in the Motivation and Support Forum or three blog entries. Unlocks "Good Vibrations" perk.

[Big Brother]: Welcome four or more newbies in the Introduce Yourself forum and you will earn the achievement
and unlock the perk "Protector of the Damned"

[Jet-Setter]: respond to a post in five different forums. Unlocks the "Diplomat" perk and prefix. Achieving this perk along with [Big Brother] will grant the [Ambassador] prefix.

[Wired and Fired Up]: log into the Enclave at least five days during the week.

[Beyond the Rubicon]: taunt two or more of your competitors at the Hero's Enclave. If you defeat whomever you taunted, you gain the "Soldier of Fortune" perk. The taunt command is /taunt [whoever you're taunting]

[Semper fidelis]: weigh in every Monday for four weeks.

[Dr. Foodlove, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Gym]: On three separate days, post your food and exercise in the Hero's Enclave. No need to post everything, just the gist of your food and exercise. Unlocks "Overseer's Blessing" perk.

Just copy and paste the achievement you earned, with "I have completed [x]" The achievements are repeatable because the perks only last for the week in which you obtain them.

Replies

• marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Food/Exercise log for 7/1 (I pre-logged everything already)

Food:

-Breakfast: 1 scoop of protein powder mixed into one of my coffees
    -Lunch: salad
    -Dinner: turkey meatloaf, parmesan-crusted Yukon potatoes, green beans
    -Snacks: large banana, NatureValley protein bar
    -Drinks: water water water, 3 cups of coffee with 2% milk, 1 glass of home-brewed green tea

Exercise:

(I have to be creative since I've got a 1 year old chasing me around the house!)

-Jogged in place while catching up on a TV show during daughter's nap; held 2 lb weights during first half
    -Walk around the neighborhood at sunset with hubby and daughter (usually 1 1/2 to 3 miles)

Both my diary and Fitbit should be set to public if any verification is needed. :)
  • bomftdrum
    bomftdrum Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    7/1/14 Raisin Bran for breakfast, pork tenderloin for lunch, and sub for dinner. Exercise is walking and shooting basketball.
  • JunonSailorStyle
    JunonSailorStyle Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    /taunt Brian and Raymond!

---
    Overseer Edit : You've gone [Beyond the Rubicon], Mr. Petrelli. There's no going back!
  • bomftdrum
    Options
    /taunt Brian and Raymond!
    Bring It!!!
  • JunonSailorStyle
    JunonSailorStyle Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    tumblr_msvl818ZRW1r1vf9eo1_500.gif
    ---
    Overseer Edit : <3
  • bomftdrum
    Options
    LOL!!!
  • nicca_jb
    nicca_jb Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    tumblr_msvl818ZRW1r1vf9eo1_500.gif
    ---
    Overseer Edit : <3

You sir, are awesome.

Does a food log from yesterday count? 'Cause if so, I can post it now. If not, ok, I'll just post today's later.
  • bomftdrum
    Options
    7-2-14 Breakfast was raisin bran, lunch was ribeye steak and brown rice, and dinner was pizza. Exercise was walking and shooting hoops.
  • honesthearts
    Options
    I like seeing the contrast between Marie's menu and Brians :-D
  • bomftdrum
    Options
    Yeah, I'm not what you would call a clean eater. I am definitely if it fits my macros kind of guy.
  • marieamethyst
    Options
    I'm definitely not a clean eater either, but I do my best to stay within my calorie limit while nom'ing my chocolate and meats, haha. My hubby does have high blood pressure, so I've been trying to find things I can cook/serve that are more in line with the DASH diet that will keep a busy Soldier full too. (we are all about our homemade pizzas/steaks/potatoes though, so it's difficult most days :drinker:)
  • daybehavior
    Options
    Ha, my sodium is off the charts and I've learned to stop caring about it. My BP has been kinda creeping up in the past few months ironically after losing a lot weight, so maybe I should make a more conscious effort. The sad part is the water retention and bloating is what bothers me the most about sodium >_<
  • bomftdrum
    Options
    I am more shocked if my sodium is under than when it's over.
  • nicca_jb
    nicca_jb Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    07/02 food: homemade huevos rancheros , slice of pizza (bklyn style), homemade Chinese mixed veg and tofu soup, chocolate cupcake, mini cannoli.

exercise: 35 min resistance band training (arms, shoulders, chest)

Earned [He Had Won the Victory Over Himself...He Loved Big Brother]
  • marieamethyst
    Options
    I'm at a loss as to what is causing the high blood pressure, since he's only 27 and in great shape (he also lost weight to join the military). The only thing I can think of is diet. I was diagnosed with gestational hypertension at the end of my pregnancy, and thought that losing weight would fix my blood pressure problems... yet at a healthy weight I'm still borderline/at risk. If I notice our blood pressure drop from switching up our diet I'll let you know!

Food/exercise log for 7/2

Food:
    -Breakfast: oatmeal with granola/light brown sugar/cinnamon
    -Lunch: scoop of protein powder in a cup of coffee and goldfish crackers
    -Dinner: pinto beans, rice, cornbread
    -Snacks: Nature Valley protein bar
    -Drinks: water water water, 3 cups of coffee, 1 glass of home-brewed green tea

Exercise:
    -Jogged in place while catching up on a TV show
  • daybehavior
    Options
    Yikes yeah that is way too young for high BP :( Yeah definitely let us know if the DASH plan really helps out!
    Also jogging in place while watching TV is something I can't do....way too tired to actually be able to enjoy what im watchin :P
  • bomftdrum
    Options
    7-3-14 Breakfast was Raisin Bran again. Lunch was pork tenderloin and rice. Dinner was chicken patties. Exercise was walking and playing a basketball game. I have completed [x] [Dr. Foodlove, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Gym].
  • bomftdrum
    Options
    I have also completed the [x] [Big Brother]: perk.
  • bomftdrum
    Options
    I have also completed [x] [Jet-Setter]: How much will me completing these perks help me?
  • daybehavior
    Options
    Them aint perks, they be achievements, son >:O

Haha, I'm too tired to think right now but you get a "Ambassador" prefix for your name and you also gain exp at an increased rate. you get 150% for the perk but if you get overseer's blessing, you add another 50% so you get 200% gained for the week total.

I think you also earn a share of other people's XP too for one of those achievements. Sorry like I said I'm too tired to think/check right now. Gomenasai!.