New looking for support/MPF friends

Options
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this group. I've been a recovered bulimic for a long while, besides the occasional bad day here and there I am really proud of where I've gotten in the last 2 years. Does anyone else fear total relapse? (you think that great fear of being there again would be enough to make you do everything you're 'suppose' to do to avoid it from happening.) I guess that fear, along with encouragement from a friend, is what pushed me to join a group like this and ask for some support.

So I'm reaching out now though because I'm starting to struggle day to day more than I would like. I am looking for any positive, supportive, accountability friends on here. I joined this group because I'm looking for those who can at least relate, and understand the pull to fall back into old habits during times of stress. I will gladly return the good, positive, energy to you as well.

Best wishes!

Replies

• Salvi30
    Salvi30 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Cute dog. :)

Do you agree that it is hard to eat healthy and or normally due to binging and purging? I sure do. I struggle with it everyday.
  • mariekellsy
    Options
    Ello ello! I'm new to this group also. I recently got a job (yay!) as a waitress. But I think the stress of it physically and mentally has been beating me down a little. Like you I'm terrified of relapse, so I totally understand where you're coming from. I've been recovering from anorexia for the last few years. But I've learned that all EDs - be it bulimia, anorexia, BED or EDNOS etc. - are all the very, very same at the root of it. So I just want to let you know that I'm here for you! We all are. And we all want the absolute best for everyone here.

Have a look at the last few weeks. Has anything changed (no matter how small) that may be a contributing factor to you struggling a bit more these days? Or has anything triggered old thoughts to weasel their way in again?

Marie x