What are your goals, short and long

Options
One of the first things that is good to do when you want to lose weight is to establish short and long term goals. Short term goals allow you to realistically start on your path in intervals in order to reach your long term goal and a long term goal is the finish line.

Think of it as a 5 K race if you will and every kilometer as your short term goal, the final leg of the rest as your long term goal.

So what are your short and long term goals?

It also helps to reward yourself in order to motivate you to continue on your journey, after all you are doing all of the work so why not thank yourself. All work and no play makes people very grumpy and lose sight of the finish line. Buy a new outfit or pair of shoes, go rock climbing or try out a dancing lesson in salsa. Try to stay away from rewarding yourself with food because it could cause a relapse and put you closer to the start of the race.

In addition to your establishing your goals, it is beneficial or even motivating to list a small reward after every short term goal and a big reward after accomplishing your long term goal (in addition to the greatest reward which is losing all of the weight). Think of these rewards as your water breaks in the 5 K race. Stop and enjoy all the work you're doing, this will help make the picture of the finish line look closer rather than further away.

My ultimate long term goal is to reach 125 lbs but my first short term goal is to lose 10 lbs. My first reward will be to buy a new blouse.

That was mine now chime in and list your goals and rewards!