challenge your Booty! It will thank you! 7/4

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,234 Member
http://shrinkingjeans.net/2014/06/squat-challenge/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed:+ShrinkingJeans+(Shrinking+Jeans)

Okay, who doesn't want a better butt and legs?! They carry us throughout the day and keep us moving so why not work on it? Take the challenge and do some squats with or without weights.

Just do it!!!!!

Replies

• darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Sounds wonderfully challenging. I'm at work tonight, so I'll hav to do today's squats tomorrow morning when I get home. Here's to the challenge! :drinker:
  • HellyFaye
    HellyFaye Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to incorporate more squats into my workouts this week and going forward. I hope it improves more than just my booty. I can't afford more booty.
  • darkrose20
    Options
    Starting this one late. Did 40 today in the shower (got in an extra 10). Going to challenge myself to do tomorrow's 50 when I get home from work in the morning. Also, I may skip two of the rest days, so I can catch up or maybe do two day's sets in one day. Any thoughts on how "reasonable" this sounds?

How are the rest of you coming along on this challenge?

ETA: Thank you very much @garlic7girl for the challenge!
  • darkrose20
    Options
    I guess I'm the only one doing this challenge. Just did my 50 for day 2. My legs feel wobbly. Woot!
  • darkrose20
    Options
    Forgot about the challenge yesterday. doing day 3's 75 right now (just got home from work) planning to get in day 4 when i get up. (I'm seriously the only one doing this. *sigh*)
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    First day back in the boards for me since I was out of state chasing/carrying 20+ lbs of cuteness that calls me Auntie (well not quite yet, but he's getting there).
    Doc still has me forbidden from doing squats for a little while longer, but the good news is that next Friday I start the gel injections for my knees so hopefully when they're done or when the doc releases me (I'm not sure how long after they're done that I'm supposed to wait to start back activity, I will have to ask when I see her) to my old activities I'll be able to start doing squats again (and I'll need a good squat challenge then!!!!!)
  • darkrose20
    Options
    First day back in the boards for me since I was out of state chasing/carrying 20+ lbs of cuteness that calls me Auntie (well not quite yet, but he's getting there).
    Doc still has me forbidden from doing squats for a little while longer, but the good news is that next Friday I start the gel injections for my knees so hopefully when they're done or when the doc releases me (I'm not sure how long after they're done that I'm supposed to wait to start back activity, I will have to ask when I see her) to my old activities I'll be able to start doing squats again (and I'll need a good squat challenge then!!!!!)

Welcome back to the boards, WarriorCupcake. Hope you had fun chasing the cuteness, and best of luck to you with the doc. Love to see you doing the next challenge!
  • darkrose20
    Options
    ran errands right after I got up, so just now getting around to day 4's 60. Woo hoo!
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options

Welcome back to the boards, WarriorCupcake. Hope you had fun chasing the cuteness, and best of luck to you with the doc. Love to see you doing the next challenge!
    Thanks! I can't wait to get back into my "normal" routines: back to RPM class, back to doing lunges and squats in pump and AC, back to jump kicks in combat. Biggest thing I have to remember is even if the injections make me feel good right away, I may still have to hold back for a little while and slowly build back up (what better way than a challenge or three??) but those will be questions to be answered by the doc when I go for the first shot 'cause I don't want to screw this up!
  • darkrose20
    Options

Thanks! I can't wait to get back into my "normal" routines: back to RPM class, back to doing lunges and squats in pump and AC, back to jump kicks in combat. Biggest thing I have to remember is even if the injections make me feel good right away, I may still have to hold back for a little while and slowly build back up (what better way than a challenge or three??) but those will be questions to be answered by the doc when I go for the first shot 'cause I don't want to screw this up!

Definitely. Maybe one day my "routine" will be up to your normal routine standards. Best to ya!
  • darkrose20
    Options
    day 5's rest and day 6's 60 have been done! Looks like I'm a day behind again...Took two rest days. Will have to see about doing day 7's set when I get up. Depends on how motivated I am.