Anyone have rewards for certain goals?

Options
trinity9058
trinity9058 Posts: 149 Member
I was telling one of my friends on here about mine and then I thought I should post these in the forum and see what everyone else is doing lol. So here they are:

250 lbs: Ziplining with a really good friend

225: paragliding on the beach near my house

200: horseback riding lessons

175: surfing lessons

165 (my goal and my surgeons goal): Trip to the UK with my mom, my sister, and a close friend from MFP.

For Onederland, I'm going to go soaring in a glider plane.

Replies

• relentless2121
    relentless2121 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I don't have a series of goals/reward yet. I am still a few months away from surgery, but I do have one reward. I have been on a few Christian Music Cruises and absolutely love them. The first one was a 10 year divorce gift to myself. I went on 2 more the following two years.
    I am skipping the next one in January, 2016 as assuming I have my surgery before then it would not be safe to travel, especially on a cruise ship in international waters.
    I don't have a number in mind yet but with the combination of being sleeved in the next few months and turning 50 in 2015, I plan to book the cruise early in the new year and spread out the payments over 12 months and go on the cruise in January of 2016. I'm sure I will be a minimum of 50 - 75 lbs. lighter assuming I have the surgery by October, 2014. I have already lost 20 lbs. and I will still have the pre-op liquid diet for 2 weeks before surgery.
    So that is my gift to myself. And physically, life is going to be so much lively by then. That is my main goal but there will me many smaller ones along the way before the 2016 cruise.

Great topic for a thread by the way. I look forward to reading others. :flowerforyou:
  • weeziebeth
    weeziebeth Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    200lbs-SKyDIVING! Weight requirement is under 230 but I know I'll feel more comfortable at a lower weight.
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I haven't rewarded myself for reaching milestones along this journey because for me, personally, it kind of puts me back in a place where I was pre-surgery where I was critical or judgmental of myself if I ate "good" or "bad" food or if I ate too much, etc. I want what I do now to be normal, not something that deserves a reward, because this is how I am going to have to live from now on. That's just me though. However... I saw a Coach bag that I really want and don't need at all, but I decided that when I reach a 200 lb loss, I deserve that bag!! That's probably just me trying to justify buying another handbag :-)
  • asia1967
    asia1967 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I agree with garber6th I don't want to reward myself for living my new "normal". However that being said I want to buy a whole new wardrobe when I reach goal. I have been wearing "freebies" from other WLS friends. also being going to the second hand store. (which was a first for me. Could never fit in other peeps clothes). So when I reach my ultimate goal I want new clothes. Ones that I like and not have to take just because they fit. :bigsmile:
  • weeziebeth
    weeziebeth Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I would view it as a reward but as celebrating an accomplishment and, new normal or not, significant chunks of weight loss is an accomplishment to be celebrated. Where we might have celebrated with food before we look for other ways to celebrate-handbag, zip lining, new wardrobe, etc.
  • bikrchk
    bikrchk Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    200lbs-SKyDIVING! Weight requirement is under 230 but I know I'll feel more comfortable at a lower weight.

Goal withg - Sky diving! I'm in the range now, I guess I should schedule it! I also biught a nice ring, (my others need to be resized before I can wear them anyway). Every time I look at it, it reminds me to keep it together!
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I didn't have specific rewards in mind in advance, but I did break the 226 I needed to lose into smaller, less intimidating goals. I started at 386, 366 on date of surgery. My goals were:

- Get below 300 - ordered the pilates machine I wanted when I hit 299 - it has a 300 pound weight limit
    - 100 pounds off, so weighed 286 - no specific reward except to replace clothes that were way too big
    - Next goal was 250 - again, no real reward, but more new clothes in yet another couple of sizes down
    - 226 - 160 pounds off - husband got me an interm wedding ring since we don't want to size mine down until I'm all done and even the anniversary band we had sized down is too big now.
    - Next goal is to get below 200 - not sure what I will do then but I'm sure it will mean smaller clothes
    - Final goal is 160 and I would love to renew our vows in a ceremony because I should be able to fit in my wedding dress at that point and if I run true to form, it should happen in time for our 45th anniversary. :smile:
  • juliebccs
    juliebccs Posts: 233
    Options
    No specific rewards for exact weights. I find when I have a goal it can be so near,,then have me hanging for a few days o more to reach it. But I do have a 100lb loss goal before going back os to Asia. We will be doing flight of the gibbons which I did last year, but there were areas that I was unable to do. Not this time. But my regular rewards are clothes sagging,,,go buy more. I am not a clothes person but it is so nice to shop in the 'normal' section again. So much more choice. Yay.
  • trinity9058
    trinity9058 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Clothes are a must lol

I just bought my first batch this morning. I got them in x large instead of 3x. I was going to wait until things were falling off of me but then I got an email saying that Old Navy was having a $5 or less sale so in I went lol

I guess I worded the title wrong.......rewards was just the word that came to me because although we have had the surgery, we still have to work our butts off and stay dedicated to our program. Accomplishment is also a great word for it. I refuse to let my life pass me by from now on so I made up a list of things that I would like to do at a certain time.
  • katematt313
    katematt313 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    When I hit my goal weight of 145, I am going to go on vacation with my husband, no kids.