Stopped for a month, what weights do I start at?

Options
Flab2Fab27
Flab2Fab27 Posts: 461 Member
Hey everybody, I was doing this program for awhile and increased my weights quite a bit but stopped for awhile. As the title suggests, wondering what weights I should start as to not plateau.

Bench was 80
Squat 70 (don't have a rack so I have to clean & press)
Deadlift 120
Row 60
OHP 60

Thanks!

Replies

• katro111
    katro111 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I did the same - I took most of May and all of June off from SL. I took 5 to 10lbs off of the weights for all the exercises and started from there. Wasn't too difficult at all and I'm back up to where I was in May after just one week. When you took time off from SL, were you still doing some form of lifting? I took time away to try lighter weight and higher rep so I still did the same exercises just differently. I think that probably helped me get back to the level I was at before.
  • skittlesnhoney
    skittlesnhoney Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I missed 20 days. I was surprised but I was still able to stick to my squat weight and actually upped my bench weight by 5 lbs. I backed off just a little bit on my barbell rows by 10 lbs.

I just went in and trusted my instincts on it. Good luck!
  • Flab2Fab27
    Flab2Fab27 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. I just kind of slacked off the past month but want to get back into it without plateauing after a couple weeks. I'll try taking off 10 on each lift and go from there. Thanks again!