Welcome!

Options
Wow! I sent out an invitation and already have a great response!

Thanks to all who have joined.

36 days until Gen Con, the best Four Days in Gaming. Let's see, if a healthy weight loss is usually 1-2 pounds per week, and we have about 5 weeks left, that means, in theory, we could all bust out 5-10 pounds of weight loss by then.

Who's game to try?

Replies

• Allmyusernamesaretakengeeze
    Options
    I'm in.

And the obligatory introductions.

45 year old, female, and a gamer since I was 7. Used to be in IT but got tired of the whole corporate thing. Moved to rural Michigan and now I'm pursuing a gig working at home. Turns out the Amish saw mill next door gets triple the value of their wood if it is kiln dried. Went to the bank today to begin getting financing around. Working from home with plenty of time to pursue my literary dreams is my goal. (due to lower bills it pays a lot more too). I've cut back on gaming since last year, dedicating most of my free time to writing fantasy and wasting time on Reddit.

I started gaming with board games; soon evolving to pen & paper RPGs. Followed by my first console, a Channel F system in 1976...yeah, you wanna play Pong? I will jack you up!! After 5 solid years of WOW I quit after their crappy releases were crappy. I'll play GW2 occasionally and snag something off of Steam. Because of working from home and writing, I prefer to game in person rather than online. I'm hoping to hit a Con soon and find a couple new board or card games.
  • Kayleigh142003
    Kayleigh142003 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Count me in as well :)

I'm a 25 year old female from the UK. I'm off to EGX (Eurogamer Expo) London in September and would like to be a few pounds lighter by then. From what I can remember I started out with the SNES and playing Quake II, Doom, AoEs and Counter-Strike on PC. I have also played WOW for years and generally have a preference for online multiplayers, first-person shooters and RTS games.

I weigh-in on Friday mornings, I'll keep you posted. When are your weigh-in days?
  • dotcomee
    dotcomee Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    The details of my life are inconsequential... very well, where do I begin?

40 years old, been playing various forms of games longer than I can remember. Probably started with games of chess and old Avalon Hill games like Diplomacy and Dune with my dad. My first computer games were on a TRASH-80, loaded from magnetic tape, we didn't even have floppy disks back then! Played D&D with a friend and I was hooked ever since - still have a regular weekly group that plays. Owned pretty much every console system that has ever been made, played all kinds of card games, board games, computer games, you name it. I'm pretty heavy into MMOs, started on MUDs early on with my 300 baud modem (old school) then moved on to things like NWN, UO, EQ, etc. It's been pretty interesting to watch all these virtual worlds become what they are today.

Maybe like others here (won't make any assumptions), I didn't have the greatest eating habits but when I was younger I was always fairly active. When I stopped biking and jogging, well, ya, you can guess what happened. I'm trying to be healthy, not just lose weight and how great is this site with all kinds of free advice and tools. Whenever I'm feeling weak and want to order up a large pizza, I read these forums and it's really helpful.

I'll be hitting up Gen Con in August and I'm aiming for 2lbs a week as well. I'm looking forward to buying a size or two smaller t-shirt this year!
  • geekgamergirl
    Options
    So exciting to meet everyone so far! I'm in my mid 30's, mother of two small children, married, veterinary technician. Aside from that, I love to game, be outside (hike, disc golf, swim), read, write, create stuff, and zone out to science fiction tv and movies. Despite my efforts to the exact contrary, I find my life getting busier and busier. (Mostly due to the afore mentioned little angels; these days, I relish going to work, where I can trap myself in my office and play meditation channel on Pandora.)

As far as my geek cred, I enjoy a variety of board games, console/PC, and RPG. I have virtually given up video games for the moment, thought my daughter is getting of age to where we can play together. We maintain a weekly D&D (Pathfinder) game.

Last year, my best friend found a personal trainer that was willing to teach a class at once so we could split her fee. There were about 8-10 women who kicked some kettle bell *kitten* for several months. I lost almost 20 pounds and was in the best shape of my life. Then, it all fell apart and my job turned more sedentary in November. Since then, the scale has been going the wrong way, and I'm back to start position.

I have been asking everyone to be my new support group with little success. When I saw all the posts on the Gen Con forums, I thought "Ah-ha!"! And here we are. Spread the word.

We're going to level-up our own awesome. :)