60 Day PiYo Challenge Starts Now!

Options
84wweber
84wweber Posts: 97 Member
I received PiYo and started last week. I love it! It's the perfect compliment to the running that I do. Today is the official start for this group, right? Did anyone try it for the first time today? What do you think?

Replies

• prism1968
    prism1968 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I just finished Day 1, the alignment thing. I can tell this will be a challenge for me! I've not done much yoga or pilates, so it's all new to me. I'm glad they started off this way, so I can see what my body SHOULD be doing :)
  • sgeorge731
    sgeorge731 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I did alignment today and I started following the meal plan. I'm excited to get to the actual workout tomorrow. I did a few of them last week as a test run and I can definitely tell it's going to test my strength. I'm a cardio girl so I haven't done much strength in quite a while. Excited!
  • trilliam3
    trilliam3 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I did Sweat today. I am actually on week 2. I sweated like crazy! It's hard but fun. I am still healing from a broken fibula and although it's healed, it is still very tight so some of the moves are more of a challenge than I thought they might be. I did yoga for years and got back in to my practice a couple of weeks ago. This is a great addition to that and the walking I have been doing. Yay! We can do this! I'm excited for it to be smoother and easier!
  • jarikalewis
    Options
    I just joined this group. I am starting my PiYo today and just doing the first two exercises. I will let you know how it goes! :)
  • irisannRN
    irisannRN Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I started PiYo yesterday and am looking forward to seeing progress with toning up/flexibility over the next 60 days !
  • 84wweber
    84wweber Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm excited for it to be smoother and easier!

I like when Chalene says, "This used to be hard, but it's easy for me now. It'll get easier for you, too!"
  • sgeorge731
    Options
    Lower body was so short compared to the workouts I'm used to. I was expecting my buns to be on fire but I kinda left feeling like I didn't work out. I was sweaty and my legs were shaking while doing the stretches but it didn't seem like "work" it seemed like stretching. I guess I'm still getting used to the fact that this isn't a super intense cardio program. I enjoy it but I think a hybrid may be the best option for me after the 60 days are over. What did everyone else think about lower body today?
  • jarikalewis
    Options
    Lower body did seem quite easy today, but it just reminds me of p90x3 yoga so I guess it is probably a good workout. I was definitely sweating during it, but it was very short. I will definitely keep walking along with this to get to my 10,000 steps on my Fitbit. Really hoping to gain lots of strength and flexibility in these 60 days.
  • shutterbabe
    shutterbabe Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I started on 6/30. I couldnt wait! So I've been doing it for a week. I love it so far! I can tell that some of the moves are getting easier even after just a week.

Is everyone following the food plan that came with it? I've been doing low carb - just curious who all is following it.
  • sgeorge731
    Options
    I'm following the meal plan. I started it last week in order to get used to it but I allowed myself several cheats since I wasn't "officially" starting until yesterday, I've already lost 2 pounds from last Monday to yesterday. It really hasn't been too hard but I definitely have a hard time getting all my veggies in. I plan on allowing myself 1 cheat item per week, so not a cheat day or even a meal but if I want a small bowl of ice cream, I can do that. I have a major sweet tooth so cutting back to once a week would be a huge achievement for me. I'm excited to see how the 60 days go!
  • prism1968
    Options
    I did the lower body (define) today, and only burned 53 calories according to my HRM... I'm looking forward to getting more 'used to' the program so I can commit more fully to the moves. I spent half the time craning my head up to look at what they were doing :laugh:
    I'm vaguely following the meal plan, but mostly still just counting calories.
  • trilliam3
    trilliam3 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm excited for it to be smoother and easier!

I like when Chalene says, "This used to be hard, but it's easy for me now. It'll get easier for you, too!"

Yeah, she says that when we are doing the leg to the knee and out. That one is really tough for me.
  • sgeorge731
    Options
    Just finished upper body. I literally had to double check at the end that I didn't do the core video on accident. It was way less arms and more core than I expected but I enjoyed the work out. I'm ready for sweat tomorrow, I'm hoping I burn more calories during that one.
  • prism1968
    Options
    Just finished upper body, too. Only 33 calories, ugh!
    I do wonder why the times are different in the booklet. Like yesterday I think said 25 mins and it was under 20, etc.
    Hoping to get stronger anyway :)
  • LWBanks
    LWBanks Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Don't worry yet about it seeming "too easy" or you're not burning enough calories. The workouts do get harder. These first 3 days are the easiest!

If you are concerned about not getting enough cardio, try doing the bonus workout on the last DVD, Low HIIT. It's a great cardio workout from her Turbofire program. You can use it as a supplement when your PiYo workout seemed to easy.
  • LWBanks
    LWBanks Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Oh and Beachbody did send out an apology about the incorrect times that were printed on some of the booklets. It was a typo.
  • prism1968
    Options
    Don't worry yet about it seeming "too easy" or you're not burning enough calories. The workouts do get harder. These first 3 days are the easiest!

If you are concerned about not getting enough cardio, try doing the bonus workout on the last DVD, Low HIIT. It's a great cardio workout from her Turbofire program. You can use it as a supplement when your PiYo workout seemed to easy.

Thank you!
  • sgeorge731
    Options
    I just finished Sweat and boy did it deliver! Finally a great calorie burn and a super intense workout that I know I'll be feeling tomorrow. Loved it!
  • prism1968
    Options
    Yeah, I really liked this one today :) (sweat)
  • sgeorge731
    Options
    I expected to see several posts after being away for a few days but I guess not. Haven't missed a day of piyo yet and I loved sweat again this morning. I'm excited to try core on Wednesday! How's everyone else doing?