hardest things about staying healthy

Options
noughttosixy
noughttosixy Posts: 22 Member
for me it is MOTIVATION! i can fall back so easily, unless i keep it at the forefront of my mind. i have to have quotes and pictures up and remind myself constantly why im doing this. i want to stop feeling out of breath when i go up the stairs and i want to look good naked! one vain and one healthy reason, haha. what about you ladies?

Replies

• Vune
    Vune Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I give myself permission to eat pints of ice cream and cupcakes and other things when I'm just as happy eating healthy. It's been a hard few years, and I've been dealing with a lot of grief lately, but ballooning up ten pounds isn't going to make me feel any better. I need to find the balance between nurturing myself and staying healthy.

It's very easy for my body to get out of whack and fall apart when I'm even at the higher end of a healthy weight range, which is extra bad for someone with a kidney transplant. Also, yeah, i want to look awesome and keep up with my boyfriend when we play at the beach.
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Stress! I am naturally extremely stubborn so when I set my mind to something usually I follow through. My problem has always been relapse during stressful times or at least stalling when stress hits high (this in the past was especially true for quitting smoking). Best thing I've found is even if my eating slips I know for a fact that working out helps immensely when anxiety/depression/mental stress is high and now couldn't live without it during hard times.
  • peejaygee1
    peejaygee1 Posts: 3,588 Member
    Options
    I find it's the peer pressure from people on the outside who don't understand your goals or don't want to see you succeed. The constant "You're getting too thin" and "Oh you can eat that...go on, you know you want to".
  • romarl25
    romarl25 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Free food at work. I work at a university. and we always have free treats for students. plus meetings and yada yada. plus i really like to partake in an after work cocktail on the patio, and no one needs alcohol calories. Boo. If they can make zero calorie noodles... maybe someday zero calorie vodka. :)
  • Mselenes
    Mselenes Posts: 28
    Options
    Motivation ugh so hard for me my husband has told me I am getting chunky but never wants to work out with me since he works all day he comes home tired and. I get lazy and plus on Fridays he like eating chips and drinking soda and I get the need of eating junkies to and also I get frustrated of not seeing results fast
  • NaeNaeJanae
    NaeNaeJanae Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Motivation is the most difficult thing for me too! When I've got it, it's great, I watch what I eat, workout everyday. But man, when I don't have any motivation, I eat junk food, lay on the couch, etc. I've started to tape up pictures from magazines of body parts I want to have. Like beautiful tones arms, or a nice thin stomach. I think it helps. We got this girls!
  • Mmmprotein
    Mmmprotein Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Motivation is hardest for me aswell... I do really well for a few weeks then something happens in my brain and the motivation is gone. I think what happens is I look at myself and if I'm having a fat, bloated, greasy, spotty day, I think, I'm never going to look good so what's the point. And then I just eat a giant bag of crisps (Walkers chipotle flavour please) or family sized bar of chocolate or a grilled cheese sandwich with mustard or a tub of Ben and Jerrys..... I actually need to stop listing what I break my healthy eating with because it's making my mouth water.

I find organisation helps massively - I need to bring my prepared lunch to work everyday because otherwise I eat something far too small/low calorie and gorge in the evening. I eat loads of the healthy food I want, then I'm not hungry and don't need to binge on crappy sugary salty bad food at 10pm.

For me, my motivating factors are looking good in clothes. Being carefree about my weight and not having to think about what to hide with clothes. Looking good naked or in a bikini.

Having energy and feeling healthy is a massive part of it. I want to tone my body and feel strong and fit. I'm excited about this! Support is a huge help. I will prob post a rant over the next few days or an ode to all the foods I miss. Anything to keep my motivation strong. If anyone feels their motivation is slipping, tell the group!! Hopefully we can all help each other out!!