7/4 Healthy Meals

hippiefemme
hippiefemme Posts: 35 Member
If you haven't already, decide what you're going to have for dinner tonight. Having an idea of what you can make--particularly if you already have the items on hand--will help you avoid hitting a fast food joint or ordering take-out. If you look forward to your dinner, you'll want to make it!

If you need some inspiration for what you can make based on what you have on hand, try Supercook.com. If you sign up for a free account, you can enter and save all the foods you have in your kitchen/pantry, and it will show you recipes you can make right now! (You don't have to make an account, but then you'll have to re-enter your food every time you want to use the site.)

I have two favorite features on this website:
1) Have some ground beef that's on the verge of going bad? Click the name of the food item (ground beef, in this case) in the list of your items, and it will only show recipes that include that ingredient. You can click multiple ingredients if you know you want to use multiple items, too.
2) It recommends items! This is helpful in case you forgot to add something, but it's also useful for what to buy on your next shopping trip. Adding the recommended items reveals even more recipes, so you could expand your options by picking up one or two items on your way home.

Replies

• darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Supercook.com is awesome
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Well, for me, since I've been out of town and I'm trying to hold off going to the grocery store til the weekend so I can get back into my pattern for shopping, I've been playing "let's see what's in the cupboard" I made mac and cheese on Wed when I got home from my trip and had the leftovers last night so the game begins again tonight when I get home from the gym!