EEEUGH BROWN!

Options
becksxxx70
becksxxx70 Posts: 234 Member
:tongue:

Never mind! Hi to everyone on the brown :sick: team!

Let's see what we can do!

Replies

• Jim1960
    Jim1960 Posts: 194
    Options
    Hello team!

Can't say I'm particularly fond of brown either. But I do like the team :)

I've seen others put their weight loss goals for this competition; so I thought I'd do the same. I don't normally use weight goals - I prefer to just focus on eating right day to day. But for this; here goes:

I'm 54 with another 150 lbs to lose. I've been actively working on losing for 3 weeks while following a ketogenic diet. So far I've lost 20 lbs in those 3 weeks. I think a responsible goal for me is to lose is around 2lb per week. After my initial water weight loss I've been losing 3-4lbs a week. But I still think 2lb per week is reasonable and responsible.
  • becksxxx70
    Options
    I'm on the last leg of my weight loss now........and it's very slow going for me so please don't expect miracles!
    Plus I am on holiday in a couple of weeks and will not be tracking OR restricting but will get back into it once I get home!
    I would like to think I can achieve my target on this challenge.
  • becksxxx70
    Options
    So far I've lost 20 lbs in those 3 weeks. I think a responsible goal for me is to lose is around 2lb per week. After my initial water weight loss I've been losing 3-4lbs a week. But I still think 2lb per week is reasonable and responsible.
    That is amazing, well done!
    And I think an achievable target really helps.....
  • Sarah0ne
    Sarah0ne Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Yeeay brownies !!!
  • sirena715
    sirena715 Posts: 229
    Options
    Hi Brown team, My goal is to lose about 10 pounds so I can fit back in my wedding dress... (little tight) I plan to cut at least 200 calories out of my diet daily also cut wheat out again (that's when I gained my weight back) if anyone has any challenges or tips they want to post to help I will be happy to try them.... thanks in advance....
  • happygirlakers
    happygirlakers Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Haha of all the colors.

Anyways, I have been really excited to begin. Week 3 will I will be on vacation, but I am hoping to turn it into a positive experience and be very active so I can meet my goals. I was trying to think of a number in my head for what I would like to achieve and I want to stretch slightly out of my comfort zone. I would like to lose 40 pounds in the next ten weeks. Since I am 4'10 and about 170lbs overweight this is a drop in the bucket. Go us!
  • AlyssaDarby13
    AlyssaDarby13 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hi team! I'm 27 and my weight is creeping up higher than ever thanks to some new psychiatric meds. I'm currently 203.5, with a goal weight of 115 (I'm only 5' 1/2"), so I have an almost 90 pound goal. For the challenge I would love to get my exercise back on track by doing at least 20 minutes (would prefer 30-60) a day on 3-5 days a week. I also want to work with my nutritionist to build a healthy eating plan and stick to it. First step, tracking my food!

I am pretty busy (I run a business with my hubby, go to school, help out around my parents house where we live, etc), but I will try to stop by and chat as much as I can. I'm glad to meet everyone and be on this journey with y'all!
  • simbersea
    simbersea Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Hey fellow brownies,
    Cant say I am a big fan of brown, but I love brownies and chocolate, so I'll think of our team as team chocolate.

Im on vacation, so not exercising like I should, but I'll be back at it in a couple days :)
  • 4Titaa
    4Titaa Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    brown...makes me think of cappuccinos.:^)

Hi guys, my goals is realistically 2 lbs a week but wanting more.
    i am currently about 70lbs over weight.
    current weight 196.6

lets kick booty team BROWN..!!
  • simbersea
    Options
    Not too bad...8 out of 10 made it through the first weigh in.

As a team, we come in at 1836lbs. That makes us about the same weight as a big brown buffalo :(
  • becksxxx70
    Options
    As a team, we come in at 1836lbs. That makes us about the same weight as a big brown buffalo :(
    :noway: :bigsmile:
  • becksxxx70
    Options
    Weigh in week 1.......oops! But TOM coming up and been lax exercising.

I am entering......HOLIDAY MODE!!! And I don't go for another week and a half! I'll try to do better in that time......I sure won't be being good on holiday!
  • simbersea
    Options
    I'm headed for vacation too....I just want a couple more pounds off...the thought of being in a swimsuit is keeping me on track :smile:
  • happygirlakers
    Options
    I am also headed to vacation in about a week. I'm taking my scale with me though. lol
  • simbersea
    Options
    I am also headed to vacation in about a week. I'm taking my scale with me though. lol

You are dedicated!!! I'll pack a swimsuit, a couple books, and my sunglasses....but definitely no scale :)

I guess this will be the test to see how much I have learned about portion control....of course, I'm going on a cruise, and I have heard that they have buffets everywhere you look.
  • happygirlakers
    Options
    OOO exciting. I am going on a cruise in December. Yes, there is a lot of food to choose from, but I like all the activities. On my last cruise me and my mom loved the mardi gra party. I am going to be away for two weigh-ins and I don't want to be kicked.
  • becksxxx70
    Options
    I am going to be away for two weigh-ins and I don't want to be kicked.
    Britishbroccoli will remove you if you miss 2 weigh ins.......I asked in another thread called Holidays!
    I'm going to weigh in early and I do have WiFi where I'm going so may just throw the same weight in the week after.
    I am NO WAY taking or looking for scales on my hols!!!!!
  • happygirlakers
    Options
    I am going to visit my grandfather and I know he doesn't have a scale and I would rather take it then give a guestimate or not weigh-in
  • simbersea
    Options
    Yeah!!! We won!!! Congrats to Sirena715 and Salhaz20 for such big losses this week.

As a team, we've gone from a brown buffalo to a Grizzly Bear :)
  • Jim1960
    Jim1960 Posts: 194
    Options
    Yeah!!! We won!!! Congrats to Sirena715 and Salhaz20 for such big losses this week.

As a team, we've gone from a brown buffalo to a Grizzly Bear :)

This. I had 4 squares of Green & Black's Organic 85% Dark Chocolate in celebration!