Anyone Letting The Details Go?

Options
ndprobst
ndprobst Posts: 12 Member
So, when I got engaged a year ago. I was so excited to plan I had so many ideas and opinions on all the little details. Now I have just under two months until the lovely fiance and I tie the knot, and I just don't care about things anymore. People will ask me questions about certain things or my opinions and I honestly just don't care.

For example the original person I asked to play piano for the ceremony had to back out last month, so I asked someone else shortly after. They have yet to confirm whether or not they can do it, and honestly I'm thinking to myself I can walk down the aisle with no music, who cares.

Anybody else feeling like the details aren't important anymore?

Replies

• Luvs_Rage_Phish
    Luvs_Rage_Phish Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm still focused on the details but I think at a certain point it's healthy to let some things go and let the day be what it'll be. Most of the time those little details don't matter in the long run. But if it's something important that you'll remember years down the line just stick it out for the next couple months and then it'll all be over :)
  • jenjuneauhaupt
    jenjuneauhaupt Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I got engaged in April of last year and we have a longer engagement - our wedding is this December - and yep LOL, I'm so over that kind of stuff. I just want it to be here already and to be able to focus on something else. :laugh:
  • maricari90
    maricari90 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I thought I was the only one! :smile:

Things that I thought would be important at the wedding are now like 'what was I thinking?' haha

Also, some things I'm finding I can live without because of how much it is!
  • 007Charlette
    007Charlette Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Well my fiance and I are in different countries waiting on the Visa approval, SOOOooo I can't even begin details. Plus my family won't be attending the wedding. It is extremely hard to try not to pout and wish I was rich so my family could at least attend. Even the small things people talk about and discuss i can't have or do.
  • rockstarginaa
    rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    My wedding is next Friday and at this point I don't have the time or energy to focus on all these details that are out of my control. My focus is on the main details!