New to group. Wanted to say hello!

Hello!

Little bit of my story. I was diagnosed last year with PCOS when after an ER visit I was found to have a 10 cm cyst on my left ovary. By the time it was removed, it had grown to 14 cm and they found a 4 cm cyst on my right ovary. I had the the cysts and my left ovary (what was formally my left ovary since the cyst destroyed it) removed. I was left with a partial right ovary and a "use it or lose it" warning from my doctor.

In February I found out that I was pregnant. I've actually lost weight being pregnant. Initially I lost 13 pounds and have gained back 5 pounds. I have maintained my current weight for 6 weeks. Three days ago I found out that I have gestational diabetes. So now armed with my glucose meter and a eating plan I hope that I won't have to go on any medications or insulin. I'm using myfitnesspal to track what I'm eating so I can stay on track with my dietary plan.

It's great to know there's an entire group here that has PCOS and understand the struggles that go along with it.

Have a wonderful day!
-Delta

Replies

• Hi Delta! Welcome and Congrats on the pregnancy :D x
  • sharimedina
    sharimedina Posts: 116
    Congratulations on your pregnancy!! I also had GD and insulin resistance too. You can do this, just be diligent and be sure to take walks. Even 15 minutes can drop your levels a bit. Let me know if you have questions. ;)