July Book

Options
mabug01
mabug01 Posts: 1,273 Member
What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty

L - Can you get this one? If not, I'll think of something else.

Replies

• steppingstones
    steppingstones Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Hope it is available for L. Thanks M. for the choice. I have read book by this author, The Husband's Secret. Liked it a lot.

Ordered a copy.

Happy summer reading.
  • steppingstones
    Options
    My copy of the book has arrived :)
  • mabug01
    Options
    No book arrival for me yet. If you can't get it, L, I have an alternate book: The Pact by Judi Picoult; however, judging by how fast Mady got her book, I doubt you will need to use the alternate.
  • carhughes
    carhughes Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Yeah! I have this book. Excited to read with this group! :)
  • mabug01
    Options
    Glad to have you, carhughes. Chime in anytime.
  • mabug01
    Options
    I've been waiting for my book, and in the meantime, I've read The Pact and The One and Only. Both pretty quick reads, a little light on content. I'm now reading Julia Spencer-Fleming's 5th book All Mortal Flesh. That one's very good so far, but you know I'm a fan of this series. Oh, I realized I'm still waiting for this month's book because I FORGOT to order it!!! LOL! I'm going to a used bookstore tomorrow to find it.
  • steppingstones
    Options
    You silly sausage !!! (Check Chapter 1 of our July Book). I am glad you picked this book...kind of light but fun read. I would say it qualifies as a Summer/beach read. Hope you find the book. Been kind of a books set in Australia theme this year. Now if I could only visit the country. I hear the accent in my head when I read.

#5 - that's the book I am up to in the Spencer-Fleming series. I must reserve it , so we can compare thoughts. I am also a fan. Jody Picoult I think her writing is good but kind of depressing.

Looks like your new home inspires reading.

L... hope all is well with you.

carhughes...welcome to this little group of fun readers.
  • mabug01
    Options
    Mady - You are really going to like #5!

I find I'm reading more lately because of my bed, rather than my new place. I have an aerobed. It was supposed to be a temporary arrangement until I bought a real bed, but I have found it to be so comfortable, I am loathe to get anything else. However, my cat recently punctured it, and it deflates slowly over the course of the night. When I wake up in the middle of the night, due to nature, I can't go back in the bed and I find myself in my recliner in the living room. (Wow, it just occurred to me I sound a little pathetic.) I'm getting all my reading done in the middle of the night in my recliner. Don't blame the cat; I had an old bed hauled out of the spare bedroom last week, and this was the bed my cat spent many hours sleeping under during the day. Now she sits in the doorway to the room and stares into the room, probably fantasizing about her formerly luxurious lifestyle, and then she turns her head and stares at me. She's got the guilt trip down pat! It was after suffering her loss that she "accidentally" punctured my bed.

I didn't find the book yesterday, so I'm going to B&N today or tomorrow. I'm so hooked on #5 that I'm not sure I could put it away today, anyway. I'm curious, if you had to pick an actor to portray Russ, who would you choose?
  • steppingstones
    Options
    Mary -A couple of years ago, I read an article in the NYTimes. The author spoke if a favorite aunt who after she died a journal was found. It chronicled her bouts of sleeplessness as she aged and how she had used those wakeful times to read. Great books, fun books and write notes in the journal. I thought how lovely was that....If you were writing a similar reading journal, it would be called My Cat and I.:wink:

Russ in a film...Hmm. I have to think about that. I think he is a big guy like a young James Garner or Tom Selleck. I will read # 5 soon. Library booksale is in 2 days and I will be looking for treasures. I noticed I had bought The Pact for my ereader...must have been one of those Friday sales.

I have finished, What Alice Forgot. I was surprised by the ending. Will discuss it, if anyone else reads it. Don't want to be a spoiler. Carhughes, you said you had the book. Have you started reading it yet? What kind of books do you like to read?

Lenore - Are you okay?

Good Day all! M
  • lenoresaari
    lenoresaari Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Hi Diamondettes, :love: :
    So I have been really out of touch. Whats going on is I have been un willing to hook up this computer and
    open it to MFP community because it is so much easier to use my pad but I cant type easily on it and I cant
    find this part of the community on it. i will get the July Book. I havent really have had time to read either because I have a perdiem job that ebbs and flows and lately its been overflowing with work so I have been on the go along with my fulltime job and
    just day to day life. Thanks for checking on me. Glad to be missed and welcome newcomers. You will find our little group
    to be alot of good reading.

Lenore
  • mabug01
    Options
    I'm glad everyone is doing well.

I've begun the book, but I'm having trouble getting into it.

Happy reading, everyone.
  • mabug01
    Options
    OK, I'm starting to get into the book now, just had to hang in there with it. Can't say I like the run-on sentences in the sister's diary very much. Who the heck is Gina? Inquiring minds want to know..... Don't spoil it!
  • steppingstones
    Options
    Gina will be revealed. : :smokin:
  • mabug01
    Options
    I'm not quite finished with the book, but I will soon. I like this book. However, it is time to pick an August book and I believe it's Mady's turn. Have you given any thought to a book choice?
  • steppingstones
    Options
    Enjoyable for me, too. Rented her latest after hearing it recommended as the perfect beach read. I am nowhere near the beach but I would like to be. I rented it on audio as I am working on a quilt project and it is perfect to listen and stitch. Really fun to hear it read in an Australian accent. Guess you found out about Gina. I was surprised by ending I wonder if you will be.

I thought the OO7 June choice was my suggestion. Let me know. :wink:
  • mabug01
    Options
    Well, I woke up at 3 am in the trough of my overly deflated bed and finished What Alice Forgot. I think it was absolutely charming. I don't know if I expected that ending, or was just earnestly hoping for it, but in any case it seemed like the perfect ending to me.

For some reason, I thought Lenore chose the 007 book; my mistake. Lenore, I hope you have had some respite from your busy schedule to relax and start this read. If you would like to pick an August book, we are happy to give it a go.

Mary