Whats Lance Up to these days

Options

Replies

• cowbellsandcoffee
    cowbellsandcoffee Posts: 2,975 Member
    Options
    I wonder if there are riders who are NOT happy about this...kinda like how the second rider in the pic feels about Levi Leipheimer in the race. :laugh:

Bsm0iMACcAAavDV.jpg
  • KaktusJaque
    KaktusJaque Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I have to say I am not happy on how they blacklisted Lance on everything. The problem was not Lance's alone. His cockiness, lying and arrogant attitude are most likely what brought on a lot of his demise IMO. But the truth of it, there were doctors involved, trainers, coaches and the USCF. This doping deal goes all the way to the top, or at least it did in Lance's time. They all knew about it and condoned it. Inga Thompsons recent interview confirms this. Lets do apples to apples, If they are going to ban Lance from any type of competition for the rest of his life, they also need to ban the team doctors from ever practicing again, the team trainers from ever approaching any kind of sports for life, fire the coaches involved and prevent them from coaching any athletic events ever again and Impose fines to the upper brass in the USCF (and fire them if any of them are even still around). I know that all sounds kinda ridiculous, so is banning Lance from any type of competition for the rest of his life.

--The truth of the matter is that coach Bruyneel got banned for 10 years for all sports, but not for life like Lance did.
    --Lances other coach Carmicael had to of known about Lance and his doping, but denied knowing about it, nothing happened
    to him.
    --Team doctor Celaya and Trainer Marti banned for 8 years from cycling work, but not other work.
    --Several of Lances teammates who also admitted to doping only got banned for a very short time in exchange to testify against
    Lance and the others.
    --No one in the United States Cycling Federation mentioned in any of this.

I do have a certain level of admiration for Lance; however I don’t excuse him for his actions, but to ban him from any type of sports competition for life is way overboard and uncalled for when they did not do the same for the others involved.
  • KaktusJaque
    KaktusJaque Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I wonder if there are riders who are NOT happy about this...kinda like how the second rider in the pic feels about Levi Leipheimer in the race. :laugh:

Bsm0iMACcAAavDV.jpg

Love this picture!