Hey!

Options
zcb94
zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
Thanks for making this group! I am approaching the big 2 0 (out of 70, according to my health care team. Not good!) I think God has epic plans for me, so I want to be around to live them out. I truly believe that the real Zoe Bevers is thinner, but still waiting to find her. Tried no-cal diets (believe it or not. So not recommended!), low-cal dieting, low-to-no-carb dieting (current one, since I am now diabetic), all to no avail. I sure hope more well-deserving young adults join us!

Replies

• Blaithin555
    Blaithin555 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey Zoe, glad you joined the group! Its always good to have people who are in the same situation to talk to so I'm here if you ever need to. Believe me - I have tried about every weight loss fad diet out there aswel and I have come to the conclusion that none of them work . at all. So the only way of losing weight is good old-fashioned exercise and nutrition - sure Its a process but it will all be worth it in the end! Yes and hopefully they will, the more the better :)
  • sarasinclair973
    Options
    Hi Guys!
    So i'm used MFP before, but never really got involved. I'm thinking if i have people beside some close family and friends to hold me accountable I will be able to really defeat my struggle with weight. I have lost and gained it back many atime lol.
    I was wondering what you guys were doing for exercise. I find myself spending more time finding a workout routine or video, that i do actually working out.
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys!
    So i'm used MFP before, but never really got involved. I'm thinking if i have people beside some close family and friends to hold me accountable I will be able to really defeat my struggle with weight. I have lost and gained it back many atime lol.
    I was wondering what you guys were doing for exercise. I find myself spending more time finding a workout routine or video, that i do actually working out.

Good question, sarasinclair9! Being in a wheelchair (sorry if I forgot to say that earlier) limits my options. I tried PT. All they encouraged me to do is try not to cry when therapist/I pull a muscle! That left me with hand biking, on my doctor's advice, and horse riding (most addictive things I've ever done.) Hope these help!
  • Blaithin555
    Blaithin555 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys!

Hey! I used to do loads of exercise videos and I done HASfits 30 day teenage weight loss program and it did work but personally I can never keep at it. I find if you find a sport you love or something you really enjoy regardless of how many calories it burns you will stay more consistant, that;s how it worked out for me anyway
  • xRedRockerx
    xRedRockerx Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I've tried a few exercise videos too and I didn't mind them, but I found them quite boring some days and I just wanted a change. I've done 30DS several times and it's short enough to not get bored with, although isn't too much of a challenge if you're not just starting out. I've done some of Jillian's weight videos too although I prefer using my body weight to actual weights (I've found the results to be better) so I tried Insanity. I love love loved it and definitely saw an increase in muscle (I didn't see any fat loss but my inches/weight didn't change so I lost fat from somewhere) but by the end of the second month I was so damn bored I couldn't wait for it to be over. At the moment I'm working through some Wii games which I'm finding to be really fun. I already had Wii fit/Wii fit plus and several of the Just Dance games but doing them for the purpose of actually losing weight as opposed to just having a casual play definitely makes you work up a sweat. Just Dance is especially fun, although I can see why it's not for everyone! As well as this (which I do 6 days a week) I also run, some days I go for shorter runs to work on my speed for running events (a mile or two) but mostly I'll run a distance somewhere around 5k to build my endurance. I'm thinking of starting up swimming again and I'm going to attempt to cycle again so I can swap between the Wii games to such activities when I get bored.
  • bookworm13129
    bookworm13129 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys!

Hi I'm Jasmine and the same exact thing happened with me I used to use this app all the time but then I stop and I figured if I got more friends on the site then it would give me the support system I need to lose the weight! :) (So feel free to add me as a friend). As far as good work out videos I highly recommend Blogalaties, and Being Fat Sucks, both are workout channels that can be found on youtube. Cassey (Blogalaties) has videos for EVERYTHING, she has workouts to tone every part of the body, cardio, challenges, meals and other health tips. Anything that has to do with working out and nutrition she has a video on it. But I'm warning you now her workouts are no joke, by the end you'll be dripping sweat and the next day you will be super sore, so don't forget to stretch! :)