Food from MFP not syncing to Jawbone Up

Options
2»

Replies

• SpideRaY
    SpideRaY Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    The same thing happened to me yesterday evening the MFP app didn't send my snack data to UP I decided to leave it and check again in the morning. I started logging my breakfast however MFP has now totally stopped sending food data to my Jawbone UP app. I disabled the connection between the apps re connected expecting it to work. However I still have the problem. To test my Jawbone UP app was working I uninstalled it from my Android smart phone and reinstalled it then I connected another app from Withings to see if there was a connection and this worked first time it sent my weight data direct to my UP. So it appears that the problem is the food synch from MFP to Jawbone. Incidentally the Jawbone UP step data is still being sent to MFP. This is so frustrating can any one suggest where I might turn to get help and advice this happened once before on the 15th July and MFP didn't send any food data then the day after it seemed to start working all by itself.
  • SpideRaY
    Options
    I just got this message from Eric @ MFP I will try this procedure and let you all know if this solved my synch to Jawbone UP problem. I must point out that I think that the problem might have been caused after I installed the UPIT app from Mountain Edge @ https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mountainedge.upit However the last time it stopped working two weeks ago I believe that it was due to a problem with my Jawbone UP band when I was asked to uninstall the UP app by a Jawbone techie.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. We apologize that you are having a problem with the app. Would you mind trying to uninstall and reinstall the app, as well as clear the cache to see if that helps?

Please make sure you know your username and password before reinstalling the app. If you need to reset your password please visit https://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/forgot_password (your username should be included the body of that email). Please note that any information that has not previously synced will be lost, but all previously synced information should be restored upon reinstall.

First go online to www.MyFitnessPal.com. Sign in using the exact same username and password as you do with the app. There you can add any information that has not yet synced, and confirm your information is there. All your information that is visible online should resync to the app after you reinstall it. If you are not finding your account and information online, please contact us back before reinstalling the app, and we will do our best to resolve the issue without having you lose your data.

Next to uninstall and reinstall the app:

- Quit the MyFitnessPal app on your Android device and go to Settings, then Applications, then Manage Applications. Find the MyFitnessPal app and tap on it, then tap the Uninstall button (you can then go back to this same area to clear the cache).

- Once the app has been uninstalled, open the Google Play Store, search for "MyFitnessPal," then reinstall the app.

- Finally, once the app has been reinstalled, open the app and login using the same username and password you had been using previously. Your information from online should then resync back to the app.
  • SpideRaY
    Options
    :) Good News the clearing of the cache and the reinstall of the MFP app seems to have got the MFP to UP synch working again for today at least. I did need to go to the MFP/Settings/Steps menu to choose my step device as you have to do any way when you connect a new pedometer app.

However sadly it still hasn't added the missing snacks from Yesterday OR pulled through the missing day and meals from the 15th-17th June even though they were ready and waiting on the MFP website? I appears that this fix only works for the period of the day that you reinstall? So I guess I will have to add the missing food entries manually direct to Jawbone UP app using their barcode scanner. :/
  • SpideRaY
    Options
    I also lost the MFP connection to my Withings account at the same time? However it's appears much easier to reconnect simply disconnect from the Withings app then use this link to reconnect without reinstall or clearing your cache @ http://my.withings.com/en/account/myfitnesspaloffline
  • Osso1966
    Osso1966 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, also in my case, MFP doesn't send the food data to the Jawbone UP (UP3) app. Vice-versa, MFP get the UP3 data and adjusts correctly my calories budget. I've tried to unlink the apps, uninstall MFP (Android) and clear cache but nothing helps. I still can't see the food data (green block) on my UP app. Perhaps there are problems in the MFP servers?
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Osso1966 wrote: »
    Perhaps there are problems in the MFP servers?

Whenever there's a known issue, the MFP tech team posts an announcement in the Help section: http://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/topics/799774-announcements-from-our-tech-team/articles

I've had zero problems. Did you contact MFP customer service?
  • CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I got the UP3 yesterday (previously had the UP), and MFP was transferring food to it fine. Today, it's not logging any of my calories into the UP app (on Android). I did a search on the MFP help page but the link that they've given to explain it isn't working.
  • CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Oooh it's just come back!
  • blossomingbutterfly
    blossomingbutterfly Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    When I downloaded the UP iOS updated, it did unpair my UP2 and the app but once I re-paired it and let it update, all has been fine, no other syncing issues. Frustrating though!
  • Oenotrian
    Oenotrian Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Since the UP iOS update, I've had my steps appear on MFP, but no meal data is going to the UP app.

I'm going to assume that the trouble is on Jawbone's end, since it was their update.

So far disconnecting and reconnecting has done nothing.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Disconnect your accounts at http://www.myfitnesspal.com/apps/show/97

Delete both apps. Restart your device, and reinstall both apps. Reconnect your accounts. In the MFP app, go to More > Steps and choose Jawbone.

Enable negative calorie adjustments: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings

If it's working properly, any food you log going forward (not historical data) should apoear in the UP green food tab. If not, contact customer service at both MFP and Jawbone.
  • Sapphire_Elf
    Sapphire_Elf Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    editorgrrl wrote: »
    Your UP total burn is your TDEE (aka maintenance calories)—way more accurate than any online calculator. If you eat less than your UP burn, you will lose weight.

How are you supposed to eat LESS than your total UP burn, when you don't know what that is until the end of the day??? I'm really struggling with this and would appreciate any insight. My Up has happily told me that I need to eat XXX less calories than I burn but how the hell do I know what I will burn on any given day until it's too late to do anything about it?? Sooooooo confused!