People can be ridiculous sometimes

Options
rml_16
rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
OK, so I'm not thrilled with what the show is doing with the ASOIAF story in a lot of areas, but I'm not as bad as other people.

One of the FB pages I follow shared an article about how the show is going to go on without waiting for GRRM to finish writing and releasing the books. With his track record, this could take another decade. And people are angry with the show. I mean, did anyone expect that they would put the show on hiatus for years at a time???

Replies

• k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I would hope that they wouldn't do that. So what if there are two stories? But then I liked the show the Legend of the Seeker and the Wizard's First Rule books independantly.
  • rml_16
    Options
    If the show's story is as good or better than the books, I am good with two stories. I don't feel like it's going that way.

Regardless, they CAN'T wait for the books. The actors are aging quickly as it is. I mean. are we going to have a 40-year-old Maisie Williams playing 12-year-old Arya? lol
  • rml_16
    Options
    Plus, people aren't going to come back to it if it goes away for years at a time. TV doesn't work that way.
  • k8blujay2
    Options
    Plus, people aren't going to come back to it if it goes away for years at a time. TV doesn't work that way

Unless it's 24.
  • rml_16
    Options
    Plus, people aren't going to come back to it if it goes away for years at a time. TV doesn't work that way

Unless it's 24.

Ha ha.

But 24 has a new storyline with each season. GOT is a serial. Plus, Jack Bauer can age in a way Arya, Tommen, Sansa, etc., can't!
  • k8blujay2
    Options

Unless it's 24.

Ha ha.

But 24 has a new storyline with each season. GOT is a serial. Plus, Jack Bauer can age in a way Arya, Tommen, Sansa, etc., can't!

This is true. Whatever happens though I hope that GRRM isn't totally cut out.
  • rml_16
    Options

Unless it's 24.

Ha ha.

This is true. Whatever happens though I hope that GRRM isn't totally cut out.

I don't think he will be. From what I understand, he's given them a general outline and he writes some of the episodes. At this point, I'm hooked on the show. but I like the books much better and I don't care all that much anymore what they do with the show. It won't ruin the books for me, no matter what.
  • lizwrites1313
    lizwrites1313 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    The next series of the show WILL contain spoilers for winds of winter. Both HBO and GRRM have confirmed that but I'll still be buying that book at midnight because the shows deviated plenty in the past who knows how accurate it'll be?