Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Options
4homer
4homer Posts: 457 Member
And no I am not talking about the new movie coming out (even though they look like shrek minus the ears I still plan on seeing it) instead I want to talk about and get your thoughts on the new cartoon. For me I was and still am pleastly surprised on how good it is. I mean I dont care for the animation but I enjoy the story lines and how dark they can get for a kid show. I am happy at how well it is doing and how it throw alot of refrences to the orignal toon and comic.

Replies

• errollmaclean
    errollmaclean Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Agreed, the writing is really good. The character designs are a bit off, what's with their shoulders, lol.
  • 4homer
    4homer Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Agreed, the writing is really good. The character designs are a bit off, what's with their shoulders, lol.
    Lol I know right but I feel the writing makes up for it...splinter does look pretty bad *kitten* in this though compared to the other incarnations of the turtles
  • errollmaclean
    errollmaclean Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I really liked the designs of the 2007 TMNT animated movie, too bad there was never a sequel. But the writing in this series is so much better. All the characters are really fleshed out and have distinctive personalities. The way Michealangelo behaves is perfect! I haven't watched any of season 2 yet... sudden urge to catch up!
  • Zombielicious
    Zombielicious Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I was very hesitant to like the new series, but have really grown to love it. I agree that the writers are doing a great job. I even like the occasional flashes of anime in their eyes. The episode where they had the alternate universe with the old series was a great homage, I think.

The new movie on the other hand...just...no. First - the turtles have nose holes, Second - Megan Fox. End of story. Although, I will say I'm glad they didn't go with the whole alien storyline.
  • Winnychan
    Winnychan Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, MFP people are discussing my number one fandom! Squeee!

Sooo... yeah. I love TMNT. Have since the stupid 80s cartoon and the still awesome 90s movie. Sequel wasn't bad either. The third one... DIDN'T HAPPEN. We do not speak of it. Next Mutation is another unspeakable time of sadness and denial for me. Now that I'm a grown up nerd, my favorites are the comics. Y'know, the ones that were good. They were kind of hit and miss, even from the beginning! But when they were good, they were a LOT of fun. And the 2003 series was fantastic through seasons 1-4. And...
    I really liked the designs of the 2007 TMNT animated movie, too bad there was never a sequel. But the writing in this series is so much better. All the characters are really fleshed out and have distinctive personalities. The way Michealangelo behaves is perfect! I haven't watched any of season 2 yet... sudden urge to catch up!

GASP! Someone else besides me appreciates the 2007 movie! I loved the 2007 movie, the look of it, and what they TRIED to do with it before celebrities and money people had their way with it. I thought the voice acting for the turtles was steller too (though Mike Sinterniklaas from the 2003 series will always be my favoritest Leonardo).

Hey, did you ever read he ORIGINAL script for the 2007 movie that Mirage tried to run with before they cut it to pieces? It was really great! A lot more turtles interacting and being brothers. If you're interested, you can read it here: http://www.terrapintarts.com/fileshare/TMNTscriptbyMirage.pdf

Annnnd, I guess that brings us back to the turtles OP wanted to discuss... 2012 animated turtles! They're a lot of fun! They're definitely aimed at a younger audience than the 2003 series was, but the writing has been top notch. Nostalgia aside, it's far better writing than the original cartoon ever was. I have been watching faithfully.

My expectations are not high for the new movie. I hate Megan Fox with the heat of 1,000,000,000 fiery suns and I'm fairly convinced Michael Bay is secretly a villain out to systematically destroy our most beloved childhoods franchises... but am I still going to see it opening weekend?

Well... yeah. Cuz' there will be ninja turtles in it!
  • Zombielicious
    Zombielicious Posts: 246 Member
    Options

My expectations are not high for the new movie. I hate Megan Fox with the heat of 1,000,000,000 fiery suns and I'm fairly convinced Michael Bay is secretly a villain out to systematically destroy our most beloved childhoods franchises... but am I still going to see it opening weekend?

Well... yeah. Cuz' there will be ninja turtles in it!

Hahaha...I can almost agree with you 100%, except that I won't be putting money in their pockets by going to the theater. Let us know how it is though...then maybe, MAYBE, I'll contemplate renting it on iTunes.
  • kenc1971
    kenc1971 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HZ5V9rT96M Ninja Turtles vs. their Namesakes (ERB is usually good fun)