2014 Goals so far...

Options
UrbanRunner81
UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
How is everyone doing with 2014 so far? Are you reaching your goals?

I am target to reach 1000 miles this year.

I have had a race every month so far. I just have register for one in November and December.

I have made it to a sub 2 hour half and sub 27 min 5k, and I ran 1 marathon so far and I am training for #2!

Replies

• rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    This is my first year doing any kind of serious running. Goal was to do a 5K in late winter, 10K in late spring, and a half in the summer. Did the 5K and 10K already and the half is next week.
  • _Josee_
    _Josee_ Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    My big goal was a sub 4:00 marathon in October. I achieved that in May :D
    The other one was sub 2:00 half. I achieved that in April.

So.... I had to make new goals! The new ones are: 1:40 half and a BQ. We shall see how that goes!
  • schmenge55
    schmenge55 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    I wanted to break 20 for a 5k. Looks like I am stuck having run 20:08, 20:04 and 20:04 though. 5k coming up next week but really unlikely to PR that course/race. Would like to do a marathon IF I feel like I would not tear up my leg. That looks unlikely but not tossing in the towel yet. And I want the people in our marathon and half marathon training group to have a great experience. SO far so good. I think
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    My goals:
    5k: Sub 25 
    10k: Sub 55 
    HM: Sub 2 
    FM: Finish 
    1000 miles in 2014

So the 10k goal is off the table. I realize i have no clue how to run 10k let alone race it. I've run 10k 3 times ever, 2 races and 1 training run. Usually I run 4 or 5 miles or many more miles than 10k, so it's causing me a problem.

The 5k, got a January 1st pr of 26:04 and haven't had a good opportunity to beat it yet. Maybe fall.

HM, maybe fall.

FM on the schedule for November 2.

I'm currently at 670 miles for the year with 50 left for the month, 200 on the schedule for next month, I'm fairly certain this one will be accomplished.

Slightly depressing over all. I hoped to be further along by now.
  • ZenInTexas
    ZenInTexas Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    So far so good. I'm on track to meet all my goals.
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I've been sort of making goals as I go. After barely running all fall and winter, I got back into things in April, and now I've got my sights set on my first full marathon in October (hoping for a sub-4:30 finish) and I'm hoping to PR at a half this year (anything below 1:59:00 would be good with me!). I'd also like to run a sub-7:00 mile by the end of the summer. Lots of things to work hard for, and I'm making good progress!
  • Carrieendar
    Carrieendar Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I have done one goal race so far; I missed a PR due to heat, humidity and hills but I won the race so I feel like i made my goal!

I havea 5k in one week, my first since high school. I want to break 21 min, though somewhere in the back of my mind I feel like if I do a good warm up, breaking 20 is a possibility. But there are hills on the course, so maybe not...

My last two racing goals are a few months away: I want to beat 1:10:00 for a 10 miler and 3:20:00 for a marathon, which are in sept and novemeber.

other running goals I had for the year were to run more, do some doubles, and get my body fat waaay down. I have been pretty successful in those goals. I went from 21.5% to 18% on my home scale in the past 2 months, down to 16% on the athlete setting.

My husband and I have added a goal together of running across the isthmus of Panama around christmas time (my husband is from there, his family still lives down there and we go down every year.) We want to swim in the pacific, run across the country (approx 50 miles) then swim in the atlantic. still in the early stages of planning, getting a crew of friends together, etc. I figure once the marathon is over in November, I will have a good base to start ultra training.
  • trail_rnr
    trail_rnr Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Did my two planned events (trail marathon and a trail 50m), with an extra one (trail 35k) for good measure. I was thinking about maybe something else in the fall but that is now a no-go (unless it's short and in late, late fall). I had shoulder surgery on Tuesday, meaning I will not be running (or mtn biking) for a while. :sad: I'm hopeful that I will be able to get on a spin bike in the next week or so. One of my other goals was to ride my bikes more, and while riding a spin bike wasn't what I had in mind, it will do given the circumstances.

I had a hunch that I would need this surgery (it's a repeat, although a little different this time) and decided to just get it done now. Ths will enable me to Nordic ski in the coming winter. Yep, it will need that long to recover (for Nordic skiing with poles, anyway). And it will be nice to be able to lift my arm over my head again!
  • prdavies1949
    prdavies1949 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    My targets for the year were

10k run sub 55
    HM run sub 2hr
    Ultra distance (walking) complete a qualifier for next year's 100 mile race.
    My first attempt at 10k was in Jan I finished in 51 min then found that the course was short so that didn't count, tried another race in May and got 53:06.
    My Half was in March and I went down with bronchitis the week before the race but still ran, at 6 miles I was on schedule but then reality kicked in and I blew up. Finished in 2:02:27, a new PR but not sub 2. I will go again in September.
    In April I took part in a 100k (off-road trail race, with 8000ft of climb) I finished in just over 22hrs so am now qualified for next years 100miles race.
  • essjay76
    essjay76 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I haven't made most of my time goals so far. :-( I am hoping the marathon training cycle I'm about to start will help me achieve them.

Oh, I did run my first road 50k within the time goal range I wanted.

I am not sure if I'll hit that elusive sub 4 marathon this year - got a whole 13 minutes to shave off.
  • smarionette
    smarionette Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I hit my 2:30 half marathon goal earlier this year...the next target is 2:15 this fall!
  • RenewedRunner
    RenewedRunner Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    My goals are as follows:

Run (and survive) my first marathon: TBD-it is in October.

Run with foot pain free-failing miserably

Run despite vacation, child emergencies, tiredness, etc-I am actually doing okay here. I didn't completely loaf off during vacation! :)
  • SecretAgent27
    SecretAgent27 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I just started running seriously in late January. One of my primary goals was to lose weight and I'm down 34 lbs.

I did my first 5K at the end of March. My conservative goal was just to finish in under 30 minutes and my ambitious goal was 27:30. I finished in just over 28.

I did my first 10K six weeks later and expected to finish in around 56-58 minutes. I finished in under 55.

I've done about a 5K a month since then and have gotten under 25. I'd probably be under 24 if it wasn't so damned hot and humid here right now.

My goal is kind of to be able to maintain an 8 minute mile pace at increasing distances. So I have a 10K in September and a 10 miler in October. The 10 miler is the goal race and I hope to finish in 1:20:00.

I plan to do my first half next February and finish in 1:45 or better.