Continue while pregnant

Options
Soooo….just started 5x5 and I recently found out I'm pregnant! Anybody continue weight training or have any resources on it during pregnancy? There's so much mixed info out there about this stuff but I really wanna stay strong and healthy this pregnancy. Thanks!!

Replies

• suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    I've heard that if you've been running a program for a while, you can continue during pregnancy. If you've just started however, I'd consult with your ob/gyn to see what you should so. :)

But what do I know, I've never been pregnant. lol
  • LadyDeadlift
    LadyDeadlift Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I 2nd what splash said - check with your doctor.

Something that my own doctor cautioned about - later in pregnancy your ligaments and tendons will soften a bit, all a part of preparing for birth day. When this occurs normal activity can result in slips, falls and other oopsies... I have three kiddos and my doctor cautioned about this all three times.

Since an aspect of early weight training is general conditioning of all this, your doctor may have some recommendations. At the least: let him or her know and go from there!

Congrats again!
  • navygrrl
    navygrrl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Here's a link from Nia Shanks talking with Kellie Davis about strength training during pregnancy. Kellie Davis is the co-author of Strong Curves, so hopefully the information will be helpful.

http://www.niashanks.com/strength-train-pregnancy/

And of course, always speak with your doctor. And congrats!:flowerforyou: