Finished First Chapter: Essentials

Options
ckdprevent
ckdprevent Posts: 105 Member
I finished reading the first chapter today and took the Essentials survey. I have really grown in my relationship with God over the past year and am relying on His strength to make better, healthy choices. I have strong Faith. I have time set aside in prayer and Bible reading daily. Now I need to work on adding other things to my daily routine.

I have really looked at what my health looks like and the changes I want to make. I'm currently obese, suffer with insomnia, have hypertension, and hyperlipidemia.

My weakest areas are fitness, friends, and focus. I have already started a dieting program with DASH, so that has improved.

I have had to look at where I am over committed, how I can ask for help when needed. Where I can fit fitness in, how I can continue to grow in a positive manner, less pessimistic and negative, and make more time with relationships with my family.

My focus at this time will be to continue to grow in building a new routine in eating and fitness.

Faith: Keep God first. Obey God and love God.

Focus: Carve out time in the evening to relax and prepare for bed at a decent hour to get a good night rest. Stop all caffeine at 12 noon.

Fitness: Exercise during lunch time at work.

Food: Plan weekly menu to ensure healthy foods are readily available.

I hope everyone has a good week!