Starting again

Options
KingstonJack3
KingstonJack3 Posts: 26 Member
I have done this before and when I stopped I gained everything back plus some bonus pounds.

I am FTM. Last time I was on T and it helped... a lot. I have been off of T for 7 months and I am starting a fitness plan again this time without T. Anyone here have a similar story?

Either way it would be nice to get some Trans friends who I can bounce ideas off of. Also I am in the Santa Ana area of Orange county, California if there is anyone near by that would like to get together and possibly be a walking buddy.

Thanks, Jack

Replies

• siratlas
    siratlas Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!

I am also FTM. ..I have been on T for just over a year and a half, but despite my levels being high, my body really hasn't changed much...so im attempting to create the changes myself with diet and fitness before top surgery. Im still learning my way around here in terms of what works for me and how to get myself into strength training

Feel free to add me as a friend, like you said its always nice to have some friends with similar experiences or goals in mind. Best of luck!
  • Kabiti
    Kabiti Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I'm MTF and a super stress eater. Stress eating and being trans kind of sucks... but coming out *really* has helped with that and I'm trying to get back on my weight loss plan again too. It's so much harder the second time!

You guys aren't probably going to want to do this if you don't want to lose muscle... but I was doing Kashi GoLean for breakfast (about 300-400 calories) and a salad for lunch and dinner (both with chicken, so I got *some* protein). I lost 45 lbs from my rebirthday (came out to myself) on August 5th, 2013 through October. November and December ruined me (dysphoria), and Jan-Jun I was just too stressed with transitioning (hiding at work was horrible). Even with the "ravages" of T pre-HRT, this diet shrunk my muscles considerably.

From November 'til June I went up 20 lbs. I suppose that could have been worse, but I'm ready to lose the rest now!!!!!
  • cork1961
    cork1961 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've just come back too... similar story. FtM... lost, then gained back most of it. T isn't an option for me, but I want to lose this weight before having top surgery next year. Good luck everyone!
  • _Ren
    _Ren Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Was on T for 13 months, stopped. High blood pressure.
    Now, 1 year later starting back up again and aiming for higher exercise and clean eating.