WLS successful but didn't make it to goal

Options
Hello all,
My name is Kenya and I had WLS over 10 years ago. My surgery was a success in the fact that I lost 200 pounds which I have kept off this entire time. However, I never made it to goal, which is considerable amount for me being that I weighed 541 pounds. I finally took up the mantle of trying to do this on my own and am happy about the results. I returned to eating the weigh basically after I had the surgery and am seeing good results. I am looking for friends in the same boat as myself who have a 100 pounds or more to lose. I wish the best for us all which includes a healthy lifestyle.

Replies

• Aynetal3
    Aynetal3 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi Kenya - thanks for the post and lead to group. I had my surgery 8 years ago and lost about 64 pounds, but I've gained about half of it back. It has felt impossible in the past to get down even as low as we were. (Sorry Multiple). This is the first time we've been this serious about losing weight as we have the entire last 8 years. I was kinda feeling well I'm still under THAT weight, but it's only an illusion that was much easier to see when I got past 300 again. I'm spending a lot of time concentrating on keeping things at a conscious level and I think it's ok if we start out a little obsessive. I like that there are so many things to check on when coming back to the MFP site. Thinking same boat - 167 to lose. Good luck and be looking forward to seeing you frequently! As to progress something to be said positive for enthusiasm at the start!

Best,
    Ann