Small, Medium, or Large? Race that is :)

Options
2»

Replies

• SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    I run with a large regional club that hosts several races in the year and they are free for members. I make a point to do as many as I can because there are lots of familiar faces, they're well supported, and don't break the bank. Those are the ones I try to PR since they are usually around 150-250 people. The larger events I'm usually there just to have fun with a moderate amount of effort, or doing someone a favor. I tend to get annoyed most people in large crowds and the annoyance factor dictates how much effort I put forth.
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I prefer to run halfs and I like halfs of all sizes, including small trail runs. I've had as much fun at at Rock n' Roll as I have in tiny trail runs with nothing but water jugs left out as aid stations.

I do a few really large 5K or 10K fun runs per year, but I don't really like them anymore. I get frustrated with dogs and strollers and angel-winged, tutu-wearing, high-fivers running three abreast. Don't get me wrong...I'm glad for every person who gets out there and runs, but I just don't like putting myself the middle of those things anymore.