Her Universe - geeky clothing for women

UmmSqueaky
UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
My favorite clothing brand of all time

http://www.heruniverse.com/

Although I've finally left the plus sized clothing realm (forever I hope), I can't say how much it means to me that Ashley (Her Universe Owner) has listened to her fanbase and is providing honest to god plus sized clothing designed for women. When I was at my heaviest, I had to rely on men's cut shirts that weren't flattering for my body type. Now I visit heruniverse, and many of the clothing offers are not only offered in plus sizes, but also have models wearing clothing from all ends of the size range. It's enough to make me tear up. For example:

hun_dw_tardispatternskirt.pnghun_dw_tardisskirt_01_copy.png

She lists the sizing on each individual piece as well, and it does vary so be sure to check it out before you order.

Hot Topic also carries a selection in their stores if you want to try them on first. My local HT has offered to order it in for me if they don't carry my size. I've managed to get 2 dresses off their buy one, get one for a dollar rack (size L, still a bit too small for my current size 12 body, but I'm looking forward to the day they fit), and this awesome TARDIS skirt in an XXL, which has fit me just fine from my current size up to where I was as a size 16/18. I also got 3 size L shirts for $5 on sale from the website a few months ago that almost fit too. My geeky wardrobe is going to explode once I manage to lose another 10lbs! I totally have the Han Solo dress on my goal rewards list

http://www.heruniverse.com/apparel/han-solo-costume-dress.html

Replies

• valmaebel
    valmaebel Posts: 1,045 Member
    Super cute! I love it!
  • constellation709
    constellation709 Posts: 28 Member
    I love that geek culture pushes the envelope on being inclusive. I'm proud to be a part of it.
  • ashthecat15
    ashthecat15 Posts: 190 Member
    They have an amazing Dalek dress. unfortunately it's only available in xs, and s.
  • cosmiqrust
    cosmiqrust Posts: 214 Member
    fell in love with that autobot jersey, too bad they don't make them for my team. go decepticon or go home. :grumble:
  • UmmSqueaky
    I found the Red Dalek dress on the clearance rack at Hot Topic a month ago in all sizes. That one does run small. I got a large, anticipating that I'll fit into it when I'm closer to my goal weight. I'm currently a regular store size large, but for some of the other hot topic stuff not so much lol.

For Studio Ghibli fans, they announced a new line at SDCC coming soon :)
  • thinkgeek.com is pretty good too, and they deliver fast!
  • UmmSqueaky
    ThinkGeek has been getting better about adding women's clothing that's more size friendly. I know I ordered an XXL women's shirt from them years ago and it still doesn't fit, even though I'm down to a women's size 12.