Biotin amounts?

oStephhanie
oStephhanie Posts: 35 Member
I just had my sleeve done a week ago, but I know these first few weeks are vital for how the results will be in the future. I am a little paranoid about losing my hair. I am going in with the notion that it is inevitable, however, I don't think it would hurt to try a little preventative maintenance.

I found 2 fast dissolving bottles of Biotin at the store today, one for 1,000mcg and one for 10,000mcg. Is the 10k one over doing it? It looks like there is 150mcg in the multivitamin from the Bariatric Advantage Multivitamin I am starting tomorrow.

Any of you post-oppers care to weigh in on this? Will the 10kmcg help? Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Stephhanie

Replies

• Stephaniev51697
    Stephaniev51697 Posts: 163 Member
    My surgeon recommended 10,000 mcg a day. I take 5,000 in the morning and 5,000 in the evening.
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    My nutritionist suggest it, said to follow the directions on the bottle. I take the 10,000.
  • oStephhanie
    oStephhanie Posts: 35 Member
    Cool, thank you!!
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    I take 2 5,000 mg tabs a day. I have lost most of my hair but it was growing back in as I was losing it. The 3 inch new growth is good and strong though it causes my hair to look frizzy. I wish I had immediately cut my hair short. Any amount of brushing causes a lot to fall. I am getting a pixie cut this weekend to be closer to the new growth length