DIY Who projects?

Options
rageginger
rageginger Posts: 74 Member
I know we have some crafty peeps in this group - so what have you made that is Who-related?

Relative to my specific interests, have any of you ever made your own Pandorica? I bought a fun little plant today, and I am thinking it shall be named Rory and it needs a Pandorica nearby.

Replies

• UmmSqueaky
    UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    I'm not crafty, but I'm currently planning this project:

original.jpg

Doing lots of research on foam sculpting and construction. Then I have to clean my basement before I start buying the supplies, but I do have the blue print all laid out

10534121_301562350022021_4258215455023892891_n.jpg?oh=3c6ae49a18c2d02c9d62009ee15fbe0f&oe=544C8BFC&__gda__=1415077014_8e247c9dc315dbd48a1bb03e3f8e6d9f
  • rageginger
    rageginger Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    That is seriously badass, and I personally consider that very crafty. Or perhaps skilled is a better word. I don't have the skills for that, and I admire people who build thier own cosplay weapons like this, it's just amazing!
  • UmmSqueaky
    Options
    This is my second cosplay prop attempt, although I hope this will end better than my last one lol. I attempted the harpoon from bloody sherlock but didn't have the proper tools to put the two parts together, so I spent the whole convention trying desperately to hold it together.

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3243599/

This time I'm doing a lot more research, networking with friends who have theater backgrounds and have allowed myself 4 months to build and rebuild, figuring I'll screw it up a few times before I succeed.

I just spent all afternoon researching how to seal it after the foam carving is done and I'm no where closer to knowing what I should use than I was this morning. Argh!
  • NLWears
    NLWears Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I crochet, knit, and quilt. I really want to make the Van Gogh TARDIS in a quilt, but haven't started yet. Now that you mention the Pandorica, that would be a cool one too.
  • UmmSqueaky
    Options
    Check these out

https://www.etsy.com/shop/robinsdesign/search?search_query=doctor+who&order=date_desc&ref=shop_search

I bet you could design a pandorica cross stitch pattern. If we found a clear enough picture of the side, there are cross stitch programs that will convert a picture into a pattern. I haven't ever done 3d cross stitching before, so not quite sure how it all goes together, but I'm probably going to get a pattern (or 2 or 3) and will figure it all out as I go along :)

Maybe convert this into a 3d cross stitch pattern?

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2011/214/e/6/make_a_pandorica_by_supersmeg123-d42npns.jpg
  • mcneilnomore
    mcneilnomore Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am in the planning process of building a Tardis chicken coop. I have got to have a Tardis in my back yard!
  • Happymelz
    Happymelz Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I'm paying a friend to knit a 4th Doctor/Osgood scarf for me. Does that count?

Actually, I did build a prop of River's gun from The Big Bang. It is pretty accurate! (I made the belt from that episode as well.)
  • TheDoctorDonna10
    Options
    I'm trying to find the right pattern for a proper TARDIS blanket & i'm about to crochet a TARDIS scarf, gloves & hat set as well. As soon as I get the materials i'm also going to sew TARDIS aprons for me & my best friend. I've already found patterns for several different DW themed baby outfits but those will wait until i'm actually pregnant lol
  • CoyotesGirl1976
    CoyotesGirl1976 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've knitted a 4th scarf. The season 16 because I obviously enjoy torturing myself. I'll be gender-bending 4 for Archon in October. I have a pattern for a skirt and a coat, I just need to decide: Since it's a bend, and under all his foofarah, Four was dressed as a Victorian gentleman, do I go vest or bodice?
  • elephant2mouse
    elephant2mouse Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Only a shirt I wore to the 50th in theaters. It's cute though, it looks like the TARDIS except the windows are two hearts :)

I'm trying to find the right pattern for a proper TARDIS blanket & i'm about to crochet a TARDIS scarf, gloves & hat set as well. As soon as I get the materials i'm also going to sew TARDIS aprons for me & my best friend. I've already found patterns for several different DW themed baby outfits but those will wait until i'm actually pregnant lol

Also your cat looks JUST like my kitten, white spot and all :)