Sea salt and caramel ice cream/gelato suggestions

Options
willow_rb
willow_rb Posts: 69 Member
I love Haagen Das Sea Salt Caramel gelato and Talenti Sea Salt Caramel. I found a brand called Gelato Fiasco Sea Salt caramel which I really like. Any suggestions for other awesome Sea Salt Caramel ice cream brands? I am on the hunt!

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Of the one's I have tried, Talenti wins. Ben & Jerry's core is good - a little rich though.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Of the one's I have tried, Talenti wins. Ben & Jerry's core is good - a little rich though.
    From the core series:

Karamel Sutra was okay
    Salted caramel was much better

My preferences were reversed. I love Karamel Sutra - the Salted Caramel was good - but I can not eat too much of it (hey...portion control included - win!) :happy:
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    talenti sea salt caramel is deliciou.

today i just bought the caramel cookie crunch havent tried it yet but i have high hopes
  • willow_rb
    willow_rb Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have searched high and low for Ben and Jerry's core varieties but none are available close to where I live. Seems I have to make the drive to the Ben and Jerry's factory up in Vermont to sample all the different types. :D
    Sam's choice caramel is available at Walmart?! I am heading out right now to get it.
    Ooh, so many different varieties for me to taste and eat....Mmmm. Thank you all for the suggestions!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking I need to compile a list for ease. lol

Okay so here are the ones I've had:

Bluebell
    Talenti
    B&J Karmel Sutra
    B&J Salted Caramel Core
    Steve's
    Haagen Dazs

I'd probably rank them as follows:
    Talenti
    Bluebell
    Steve's
    Tie for the B&J's-- I like the caramel ice cream in the Karmel Sutra but I liked the core in the Salted Caramel core better.

Haagen Dazs (texture was good, way too sweet)