July 27, 2014

Options
PatrickB_87
PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
Well since I was up early and we don't have a thread for today yet I thought I would get us going.

Got up at 7am to do a little geocaching. Garbed a family member who was up for the hunt and off we went on our treasure hunt. We went for about 5 miles and found 5 of the 7 locations we looked for. We live close to a large creek (old flooded quarry) that has a nice trail system that was full of geocaches. We filled out pockets with some treasures and our hiking shoes and had a really fun time. We didn't find our first one but after that we started finding them, and getting ourselves covered in cattails. We had a lot of fun, scampering up and down hills, digging under trees. A great way to spice up a regular hike.

But now I am ravenous and must eat.

What are you doing today to have some fun and keep healthy?

Replies

• julieworley376
    julieworley376 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon Pat.. I guess everyone is quiet today doing stuff with family.

Hoping to take the dogs out, I am doing laundry.. have some chores to do that I am telling myself I must get done. Feeling more positive making plans to actually go to the pool even though my new swimsuit is about 2 sizes too big! sigh.
  • andysdream
    andysdream Posts: 54
    Options
    I'm hoping to get moving soon. I want to work on increasing my steps, but right now the heat and humidity are horrible. I may have to do my steps in the house. Oh well, better than nothing.

Andrea
  • tishtash77
    tishtash77 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Pat that sounds like a lot of fun, I used to love treasure hunts and such things when I was a kid. If I had a mobile I would totally do that!

Hi all, checked the scale again today and while it has barely moved from my weigh in 2 weeks ago at least it is not showing an inexplicable 2 to 5 lbs gain (nope not salt related, TOM related, and nope not preggers lol). Whatever it is, hopefully I am reset and back for a loss next week. But I am having wine today hehe. I rarely drink my cals now, just not worth it, but spent the afternoon re-doing my husband's CV and that is triple the work because it has to be done in a language I do not speak or write. So hours later I am done and I need some booze. Should be able to fit in to the day, I cut down on tonight's supper and cut out the desert but even if I go a little over, it is okay.

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend x

Natasha in Quebec
  • melissasue0317
    melissasue0317 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I managed to get out and go practice w some friends on their co-ed softball team. I played fast pitch softball for 10 years then coached our middle school age girls for several seasons. I have been away for several years though due to broken arm that has led to lessen grip strength in my glove hand.

Today. 1 hr and 45 min!!! In 105 degree heat index. Impressed I made it that long. 3.3 mile walk yesterday too.

I'm beat. And smelly.
  • carostad
    carostad Posts: 161
    Options
    We went back on our hike today and didn't find the cache today either. I think something's happened to it. It's a really cool cache. It was placed by North Carolina Surveyors and has a huge box with a bit of history about surveying. We homeschool, so I was viewing it as an educational opportunity, in addition to a fitness opportunity. :) Oh well, win some lose some. It was a great hike both days.

A good friend of mine has been geocaching for years and years. We started up about 2 years ago, but with my foot issues, it wasn't anything I did consistently. I'm thinking it's going to be a regular habit now, as long as my son doesn't whine too much! It's HOT and SWEATY business. :)

Hope everyone has a good weekend! Back to the grind tomorrow....
  • catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Well, it is still July 27th in the US....I managed to purposely walk up and down the stairs at work ...and felt it was a big mistake!! Whew!! Did if for a challenge for 10 minutes....I lasted 11 minutes and that was that!! Work day went well....and life is good!!! Still on that detox green smoothie program....2 more days to go....really tempted to stop it ...as just want to eat a big salad!!! Will see what unfolds Monday. Monday is a holiday here...going into work very early and then back home for some no brainer TV/movie watching and knitting!! Til tomoro!!

Nancy