Want to lose 30 pounds by November 1st need support

Options
Hi everyone! My name is Nicole. I've been a member for a long time but haven't had any success. We are TTC and my doctor said to lose 30 pounds before we can continue trying. I put on a lot of weight the last two years doing rounds of Clomid and through surgeries. I am on 1500 Metformin now. I'm hoping to get going. Starting tomorrow. I am aiming for low cal, low carb(50g net carbs or less) and some type of workout 4-5 times a week. A buddy would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Replies

• MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    We're trying to conceive as well, have been for the last 6 years. Just finished my first round of provera and clomid, and have been on Metformin for about a year (again), to try and spark some sort of ovulation.

I haven't been officially diagnosed with having PCOS, but the ob/gyn doesn't want to rule it out yet.

I, too, was advised to lose 25-30lbs before the doc would put me on the medication, but at my last visit I had managed 23lbs, so she finally agreed (after 6 months of trying).

30lbs is managable, but you'll need to record EVERYTHING in your food diary, even if it makes you over your goal. I would advise speaking with a dietitian and having a meal plan set up.