New Here - PCOS, Losing Weight, and TTC

Options
manderz_46
manderz_46 Posts: 9 Member
Hi all.

I was diagnosed with PCOS on April 1st of this year.

I was on birth control for years and years and until I stopped taking it didn't even know I had PCOS. I figured it out once I saw a doctor after my husband and I started actively trying to conceive and I stopped getting my period and wasn't having BBT temperature spikes indicating ovulation had occurred, etc.

It's sure been an emotional roller coaster for me.

I had actually been actively trying to lose weight before my diagnosis an did pretty well for a while. Then, I was diagnosed and did alright for a while but then gave up.

I just started back here on MFP today.

I plan to try to do a lower carb diet with my ultimate goal being gaining some control of my PCOS symptoms and having a baby.

My husband and I are still actively trying to conceive.

I am looking for anyone willing to be a MFP friend, as I could really use the support and motivation and would love to do the same for you.

Replies

• mrsmitchell0510
    mrsmitchell0510 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    I've sent you a friend request. There is an abundance of information here in this group, so I hope you find some of it helpful!
  • deltamom9913
    Options
    Welcome!!

I have PCOS as well and am currently 28 weeks pregnant. It is possible!! Don't give up!

I've sent you a friend request as well.
  • SuziParsons
    Options
    Hi. I am 32 with Pcos and TTC. It would be excellent to have a friend on here that is going through the same thing. I will send a friends request. God Bless, Suzi
    Also anyone going through the same thing is more then welcome to add me as a friend.
  • LernRach
    LernRach Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    was going to write my story here to give you encouragement, but decided I didn't want to hijack your post - go read mine, it will make you smile!!! just know, it is possible!!!