Vacation Plan

Options
abs0830
abs0830 Posts: 319 Member
I found this site and article today. I think the site has some good clean eating recipes, which is awesome. Plus, some good articles.

http://www.cleaneatingmag.com/slideshow/8-ways-to-stay-healthy-on-vacation/

This one focuses on staying healthy on vacation-which is a challenge for me. Anyone else have this as a challenge?

Replies

• Soggynode
    Soggynode Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Well I suppose if I ever went on vacation it would be very challenging :) I haven't taken a vacation in many years (I've got one of those jobs where it's difficult to take time off). I travel to various parts of SE Asia and China on business and it is impossible to know anything about any of the food I am eating, all I can control is portion size and only barely that. Most of what I'm served is very tasty and there are lots of veggies but I couldn't tell you what any of it is or where any of it comes from.
  • SandraJN
    SandraJN Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    But does it have yak hair? :wink:

I have horses, I don't get vacations.
  • Soggynode
    Soggynode Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    But does it have yak hair? :wink:

I have horses, I don't get vacations.

Possibly, the spiky fence in the photo is to keep the water buffaloes from wandering around the hotel grounds :smile:

ed97f7fcd9d8bceb5268e5eaac071f9a.jpg
  • sunsoakeddreamer
    sunsoakeddreamer Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to have this "challenge" soon, if we ever plan a honeymoon. The Mr. is interested in traveling to some pretty exotic places. I don't want to limit my choices because I don't want to miss out on anything. If I'm going on vacation I'm going to indulge, darn it. I'd say upping the activity level for the trip will help with the excess as well as enhancing the trip- walk everywhere you can, swim, hike, ski, horseback ride, etc.
  • ShalaraQ
    ShalaraQ Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    The hubby and I are going on a long weekend to vegas next week. It will be the first time in 5 years we have spent more than a night away from our kids as a couple. And of all places, the land of huge, cheap buffets and free alcohol (I'm not much of a drinker though). I really don't have a clear plan in place. I'm not sure how I'll manage to meet calorie goals, much less any clean eating.