Up sleep report

emmsiez
emmsiez Posts: 6 Member
Just wondered how accurate you guys think the sleep monitoring function is with the Up?

I really love knowing how long and how well i slept, but I am skeptical as to whether the "sound" and "light" sleep really is accurate.

I guess there is no real way to test its accuracy, but if you guys have any thoughts that would be appreciated. :smile:

Replies

• raymiles
    raymiles Posts: 13 Member
    It is not that accurate, since all it can do is monitor wrist movements (There is a big discussion of this issue elsewhere, either here or on the Jawbone forums, can't remember which). For example, I left mine in sleep mode by mistake the other day and it had been in both light and deep sleep on and off all day, presumably when I was relaxing with a book or in front of the TV.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    I started wearing mine on my dominate hand during sleep esp.

I know I wake up more than it reports but if your hand doesn't move it doesn't record it I don't think.

The one time it recorded it for me was when I actually got up...
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    This is the first sleep tracker I've liked. My sleep pattern is not great, but I'm motivated by the reports and tracking to attempt to reach my nightly goal of 7 hours. So far, I'm logging about half that. Then I do a couple of power naps during the day. I'm really amused by the "nagging" vvibrate that it does to wake me up from napping too loong. I find myself saying, "ok, ok, I'm up." ;-)