July 31, 2014

Options
PatrickB_87
PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
Well It's 2:43 AM here in California and I'm still up so I thought I would get the new days form started.

I just finished helping my mother write her first cover letter in 22 years. We finished uploading all her files and hit submit on the job application at 2:30 AM (by the way, not a great time to be exercising the old brain cells) so thats why it's been such a long night for me, but her job prospects are slightly more important then me getting up early for a bike ride.

Any who...

I have a long bike ride planned in the morning. I want to concur the course I had to abandon last week. But I also have a lot of work to do, and a job I need to complete but have been putting off. So my heads not quite in the space I want it to be (anxiety, guilt... you know the drill). We will see in the morning whether I have the excitement for the ride or whether I need to put it off to get work done that should have been completed a while ago (how does one put glitter on turd?).

So what are your plans of the day? Any wonderful affirming goals to achieve or perhaps just back to the grind stone till another day? Maybe i'm just to tired to provide an aspirational question for the day, but I think it's ok to some days just say "F**k it, I got s**t to get done. The emotional baggage will have to wait. No grabbing the bull by the horns today, I have deadline."

If anyone has a better start for the day, by all means post it. I probably shouldn't be posting at this time of the morning.

Replies

• julieworley376
    julieworley376 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Morning Pat, not sure I could do such a great job at that time in the morning. Feeling a bit weird this morning, last night was a good sleep mask wise (sleep apnea) because the night before was bad and I felt it all day.. yawning etc. Now I feel almost drunk on air.. LOL.

No big ambitions or goals today, just getting through the day, getting to work on time and hopefully working Remy again tonight, I try doing it when she is off leash in the house but she acts like a big goofball and dances around like it's a big game. Oh you want to play with me Mom? GREAT.

I can't think of a good conversation starter.. but I know there will be a great one.. guaranteed. LOL Morning to all xx
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Morning. I went to gym last night. The elliptical and I became one for 65 minutes straight. Kind of a big deal.for me because even at this same weight last year when I first tried it, 5 mins and I had to quit becauae it hurt my legs so bad. Not in a good workout burn but in a ive got to be doing this wrong hurt. Now Im going for over an hour on my 2nd day back to the beast.
  • blondageh
    Options
    ps. The only bad part, im up 4lbs this week from working out. I know its water retention, always happens but dang, its frustrating.
  • blondageh
    Options
    Just after I posted this I checked my email and the Universe slipped thru again:

Do you know what I really, really, really love, ?

The folks who keep doing little things, expecting BIG results, especially when circumstances seem to indicate that tomorrow will pretty much look exactly the same as yesterday.

These are the world's movers and shakers.

Shaking and moving,
        The Universe
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Heather, this made me think of quote a friend told me...

"It may not look like you are changing...but every workout...ever healthy meal...every exercise rep...is changing you. And one day, you'll see what all that hard work looks like."

AND

"Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out."

OH!! AND...

"When you look in the mirror and see no change, and STILL keep the faith, knowing that in time, you will the there if you stay focused and on track. That's the difference between those who succeed and those who fail."

Anyone can go out one day and put in a Herculean, over-the-top/OMG-I-can't-move-today effort. True strength and determination is people like us, plugging away one calorie at a time against a mountain of an adversary. Thanks for reminding me of this!!

Patrick, do you have any idea how much of a victory I see in you when you say, "F**k it, I got s**t to get done. The emotional baggage will have to wait. No grabbing the bull by the horns today, I have deadline." Do you have ANY idea how many people don't have the emotional strength to just put the crap aside? So many people get caught up in, wallow in, and get tangled up in the "baggage." This to me is a key point in your struggle. While that crap is still going to be there waiting on you at some point to tackle (let's all hope and pray it gets tired of waiting for your attention and just LEAVES...permanently!), being able to put it aside to get some s**t done, gods, that is some strength I envy!!!

P.S. Putting glitter on a turd literally is best done by drying said turd, using rubber cement or super glue, and sprinkling generously with glitter, pressing it on before glue can dry. Figuratively, it depends on the turd. Mostly requires finding one positive highlight upon which to focus if possible. If not, figure out how it doesn't suck. If still not possible, creative marketing, baby!!

Julie, glad to hear you had a good night's sleep. I remember the days before my machine stopped working effectively for me. (long story that) I don't know that I ever felt drunk on air, though...lol. Have you ever considered keeping Remy on umbilical in the house? Might be something to try a little...

As for ambitions, today's goal is to get a walk in if it isn't raining this morning on break. Getting back on the walking wagon is what helped me lose a pound this week (believe me, it's been a while!!). I'm still eating somewhat like crap due to financial necessity, but between new meds and getting up off my butt, I feel like I'm finally able to get back to it... So my main goal is to keep this pound off all weekend.

Hugs, Carly in cooler Oklahoma today, wishing it were already fall weather
  • KarenZen
    KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I prefer using spray glue on my turds, dropping them into a zip lock baggie full of glitter, and giving the baggie a few shakes.

Good morning, all.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    Thanks for that, Karen... I SO needed the chuckle. I'm glad you caught my thinly veiled reference above... Heeheehee.... That way you never have to touch it... LOLOLOL

P.S. I'm not a big fan of the shake and bake method. I prefer to moderate "cover" both sides before tossing as nothing annoys me more than leaving my best "crust" on the side of the bag from moisture hitting there before the "dusting." LOL Don't know why - maybe a control thing? I also hate tossing out the remaining coating mixture. It always seems like such a waste! I tried cooking it up before - it so doesn't work... LOL Maybe using it in gravy? But you have to boil 15 minutes to kill the bactera, so Meh!
  • melissasue0317
    melissasue0317 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I conquered my gym fear this morning! HAPPY DANCE!!

I consistently HATE the treadmill, I walk soooo much slower on it than in real life. I feel like I'll fall off if I increase the speed lol. So I rode the recumbant bike. Which is definately my favorite. I set it to the personal trainer mode for my age and weight and off I went. 15 min with a 2 min cool down and 6.46 miles :). Mapmyfitness said it burned over 700 calories, I hope this is KINDA accurate bc I sure was sweating!

The local gym also changed their prices so being a daily user and not a member is no longer cost efficient so looks like I will have to bite the bullet and join.
  • carostad
    carostad Posts: 161
    Options
    Heading out the door for a long day of activities and errands and dentist appointments. Fun times! I'll probably get my steps in though, lol.

I wonder what glow in the dark paint under that glitter covered turd would look like?
  • melissasue0317
    melissasue0317 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Also, just for fun. After my getting ready and packing stuff to go to the gym before work. I did not realize that I have on pink undies and white scrub pants hahahaha.

Luckily my scrub top is long-ish :)
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    I like the way you think, @carostad! Me, I'd probably actually knit or crochet a "cover" for it, and camouflage it like a hotdog or something...heehee.
  • PatrickB_87
    Options
    I prefer using spray glue on my turds, dropping them into a zip lock baggie full of glitter, and giving the baggie a few shakes.

Good morning, all.

Ahh, the old shake and bake method.
  • PatrickB_87
    Options
    Well I woke up late today so that means I didn't get my early start on the bike ride, so if I set off now I will be riding in 90-93 degree weather. Though thats what I am use to os It's not so much of a problem. I'm still going back and forth in my mind if I want to do this but I feel like I have to, I have an itch and it needs to be scratched.
  • ronercat
    ronercat Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Today will be a fairly standard Thursday for me. I will be at work for the next 10 hours and after I will head to the gym for a bit of a workout. Nothing super exciting.

Good luck on the ride Pat!
  • KarenZen
    KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Oh, how quickly the tide turns... yesterday we were baring our souls... today we're putting glitter on poop.

I am having a day of taking care of business. Time to tackle the box of horror.