Palakkadan matta rice calories

Options
Hi ! I'm pretty new to MFP and just joined this group .

I'm losing my head trying to figure out how many calories there are in the palakkadan matta rice . I use the z3 silky sortex palakkadan matta from Nirapara . It says it has 350 calories per 100g serving . Does this mean cooked or uncooked ? That's too high in calories if for cooked and I keep reading everywhere that matta rice is healthier and low in calories :frown:

Also 1 cup brown rice is 195 grams . Will it be the same for matta rice ?

Brown rice doesn't seem to be that high in calories compared to chapatis . Yet a lot of people advice replacing rice with chapatis for weight loss . Why is that ?

Thank you !

Replies

• jasneet12
    jasneet12 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Does this help?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/calories/nirapara-rice-palakkadan-matta-long-grain-122081373

This is solely valid for me; but it may help you decide on roti vs rice. Due to my ayurvedic body type (and i think because im a north indian), I digest wheat better than rice. Consequently rice makes me feel bloated due to water retention; whereas wheat doesnt. A day of only rice products leads to a weight increase the next day; while only wheat helps keep the weight constant.
    Besides it is so much easier to overeat rice; whereas in chapatis; you can count them out.