Meet and Greet

Options

Replies

• VegnStrong
    VegnStrong Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I'm Sophie, 44yrs. old , married 21 years to my wonderful supportive hubby we have two wonderful young adult children and 5 furbabies. :)
    My goal is to gain Muscle but i have to lose the weight first, this is a great challenge and very motivating. thanks for adding me.
  • nessa3983
    Options
    Hi???? I'm Vanessa and I'm 31. I'm a married, stay at home mom with my 2 girls, Brooklynn and Brienna, and 5 animals. 3 dogs (2 American bulldogs and a yorkie-poo) and 2 rescue cats. I'm always busy and its easy to forget to take care of myself, I decided to change that last October. I tried working out at home but I was ALWAYS getting interrupted so I made slow progress but now I'm in a gym with daycare and I'm on the fast track to a bikini???? which is my main goal! Bikini by Summer 2015!!
  • nessa3983
    Options
    Hello everyone, I'm Sophie, 44yrs. old , married 21 years to my wonderful supportive hubby we have two wonderful young adult children and 5 furbabies. :)
    My goal is to gain Muscle but i have to lose the weight first, this is a great challenge and very motivating. thanks for adding me.
    I didn't notice ur post until I posted mine. That's a lot of furbabies, lol. We had 6(another rescue cat) but she passed away last summer) What kind of animals do you have?
  • captainlemonsqueezer
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    I'm Theresa. I'm (very - 3 weeks) recently married, no kids, 1 dog and living in Kent in England. I've always been overweight, fat, chunky, whatever you like to call it, but I put on most of my weight due to hormonal birth control when I was 19 and I haven't been bothered/motivated enough to shift any.
    I'm currently at my highest weight ever (I got a shock when I dragged out the scales this morning!) and looking to lose a fair bit of it, especially around my tummy which is where I hold most of my weight and is what made me realise how uncomfortable I feel.
    I started running a few months ago but had a break because of wedding planning & my mum being poorly, but now I'm looking to get back into it as well as switching up eating habits and taking up some other sports (hula hooping!)
    20lbs by Christmas sounds doable and a great way to get me motivated although there is the small issue of my six year anniversary, me and hubbies birthdays and a holiday between now and then :ohwell:
    Looking forward to some results!
  • jamielivid
    Options
    Hello! I am Jamie, 24, married with a 7.5 month old. I am at my highest weight, but only 16 pounds away from pre-pregnancy weight(which is still quite over weight for my frame). I started this journey on Sunday and I have since lost 3 pounds. I am doing 2 dietbets to keep me extra motivated. I have been eating very well, but it has been very hard for me to find time and energy to workout. My baby has been waking up 4+ times a night so it's impossible for me to wake up early to workout. I want all the sleep I can get before work. At night once he is asleep I am exausted. Yesterday I took a half-day from work and walked the mall for 45 minutes with my little one and then walked target for maybe 20 minutes. Once he went to sleep for the night I practiced my situps which I am struggling with since I had a C-section and my ab muscles are basically non-existent. I also did a few modfied pushups and I ran in place while watching the football game. This is the most activity I have done since starting on Sunday. I hope to continue to do anything I can each day. Anything is better than nothing.
  • DaniellaB1995
    DaniellaB1995 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hiya! I'm Daniella, an 18 year old, so not married haha. In January i'll be setting off for a solo trip around the world (well, asia actually) and so aiming for christmas is actually a good goal for me, if I go looking like i do now i'll be too self conscious to chat to locals and make friends. I live in England and after travelling will be moving to Korea to study. (gulp, a place where telling your friend they've gained weight isn't rude at all!!)

I've been starting the Leslie Sansone DVDs, which i surprisingly enjoy since they're more challenging than I thought they'd be.

I want to continue to stay active, even just a little bit each day so I don't fall off the wagon - again.
  • KadeeTra
    KadeeTra Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello All,
    My name is Katherine and I just turned 60 which is still very hard to believe! I have gradually picked up weight over the years and now find myself about 30 pounds overweight. My mother is elderly and in very poor health and most of it from being overweight and inactive and I do not want to end up like that. I want to be responsible for my own weight. By this time I know for certain it won't drop off by wishing it off - rather I have to work at it. I want to try and stick to a healthy life style for good!
  • providentialfoodie
    providentialfoodie Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone!

I am a 43 year old wife and mom. I have three kids and homeschool my youngest, 16. I needed to do something for phys. ed. for Youngest so we are working up to our first 5k.

The health of family members motivate me to try to improve my health. My dad and my grandma has/had significant health issues related to diet and exercise and now my husband, oldest child, and I struggle with our weight and eating habits. I really, really, really don't want to go through what my grandma went through in the last half of her life, and I really, really, really don't want to suffer from the same things my dad has. I also do NOT want that for my husband and kids, so I've been trying to plan better meals and snacks that we all can eat (my son and I have significant food allergies - I can't tolerate anything bird, gluten, soy, or dairy and my son avoids gluten, dairy and soy) and that the skinnies actually like and the chunkies can eat without breaking the calorie bank, so to speak. Four out of five of us have been exercising regularly for over a month. One of the skinnies is doing online classes and spends a lot of time sitting, so I'm working on getting that individual up and moving if only for mental health.

Looking forward to losing with you,

Esther
  • kieran9810
    kieran9810 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm an 18 year old guy from England. No kids and no partner. I started trying to lose weight around November 2013, and I've lost 25lbs so far. My main reasons for wanting to lose the weight is just general stuff, for the health aspect,, to feel confident in my own body and to make the most of my younger years without worrying about how fat I look lol! I currently do strength training 3 times a week and cardio twice a week!
  • Kaylasmom
    Kaylasmom Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Donna, 49 years old from Michigan. I have recently been diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, so trying to lose 30-40 pounds to ease my joints. I'm excited to join this group with all of you.
  • PBWaffleCakes
    PBWaffleCakes Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I'm Tatajana 22 years old with no children. I have several medical conditions that aren't related to weight but sometimes they get in the way of me exercising. I decided to lose weight after having panic attacks about getting heart diseases or diabetes. I have lost 60 pounds so far. I have 80 more pounds to go. I started at 275.7 and I am hoping to get down to 200 by the end of December. I love to walk! I have been attempting C25K and I have a station bike and an actual bike I do from time to time.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    HI! I realize I am late to the party but this group is exactly what I have been looking for. I reset my ticker this morning and started again. I am determined to shed the 20 pounds I gained by Christmas.

I am Sandy. I have T2 diabetes and haven't been very diligent in controlling it lately. I felt SO much better when I was 20 pounds lighter....my blood sugar was under control and I was doing really well. But I got complacent and here I am. Looking to offer support and help everyone to get to their Christmas goal!
  • TaraDanielle40
    TaraDanielle40 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I know this group started a few months back but 20 by Christmas seems doable from today's date. It's just the kind of motivation I'm looking for . My Christmas work party will be a great time for me to be able to buy a new dress. =)

My name is Tara and I turned the big 40 in May. I have two boys 7 and 5. I am currently 215 lbs and 5'9. I really want to get to 175 lbs and see how I feel at that weight. I was on here before but got really lazy and stopped doing anything. I deleted my account so that I could start fresh. Looking forward to this journey with you all.
  • skinnybear54
    skinnybear54 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Kerri and live in Ohio, home of the Buckeyes. :smile:

This will be great group to keep me motivated. I lost 50 lbs then gained 25 to 30 back. :sick: Now I am getting back on track and want to stay that way! Let's do this!!
  • bamawards
    Options
    Another person late to the party...but this will still fit into my goals so I hope you don't mind if I join!

I have been very successful with MFP and lost 31 pounds, but I want to keep my momentum going, because I've gotten so busy with school starting back (I'm a teacher, and have three kids still at home who are in high school). I need some way to stay on track!

I'm 43, married, four kids - one in college, three in high school. Glad to be a part of this! :smile:
  • Ump78
    Ump78 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Ok guys. I saw a pic of myself working a plate (home plate umpire. Baseball) and thought, "OMG! WHAT A FAT FKN SLOB!"
    So I'm doing something about it. I count every calorie of everything that passes my lips. I'm doing strength training and cardio 3-5 days @ week. Just a couple weeks in and I'm seeing dividends. I look better, sleep better, feel better about myself. 
    So, who's gonna accept the challenge? Who's gonna endeavor to be healthier and look/feel better. Me. When I started I weighed in at 267. The weight is falling off. I'm gonna be 237 by xmas. 
    Amazing how sedentary I'd been. Just a bit of conscious thought about my food and gallons of sweat and I feel better than I have in a long time. I was lazy, depressed, and just didnt give a fk. I do now. 
  • KTStepsUp
    KTStepsUp Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! I am 25 yrs old and with my fiance we have a beautiful blended family consisting of 5 children ages 1,3,5,6 and 7... (boy,girl,boy,boy,girl). I work full time and overtime and I am going to school. I have a very busy life and I keep telling myself that when things slow down a bit, then I will focus on myself, but I have realized that I don't need to wait, I can do it now!... I just need to focus and be strong...

I'm impressed! You are right! The time is now, and it's good to practice putting our health first. :happy:
  • KTStepsUp
    KTStepsUp Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I'm a very busy teacher and mom of two teenage boys. I've been following a low-carb diet for the last 3 weeks or so, and am really looking forward to keeping up my progress by being part of this group. As many of you have said, it's been hard for me to put myself first, but I am determined to do that now!

I'm 49 years old, so this is the year to get healthy! I teach middle school English and love my job. I have about 150 students, so that means a lot of correcting! Just being a mom and a wife (to a very supportive husband), and running a household can be a lot, as I know you know!

I live in Northern California at the top of a big hill with lots of trails. I love to walk the trails and get into nature when I can. I also have a stationary bike to get my exercise in when I haven't gotten out that day.

Good luck, everyone! I'm really happy to be here! :smile:
    Katie
  • gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Hi all I'm Barb.
    I lost my motivation a while back and haven't been able to get back on track.
    I am V E R Y unhappy about where I am right now.
    I have 33 pounds to lose and haven't lost a thing in the last two years.

Let's DO this together. :)
  • uclaxtina
    uclaxtina Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi All! I'm also late to the party but glad I found this group. I would love to lose 20lbs by December. I am 30 years old, weigh 156lbs, no kids, and living in So Cal. I started on MFP several years ago and have really struggled with my eating habits. I feel that I'm near my heaviest weight right now and have been sorely lacking the motivation to change things. I've finally decided it's time to make a change and feel good about myself. I'm looking forward to sharing this journey with everyone here!