August challenge week 1

Options

Replies

• howie6267
    howie6267 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    And then there were five. Did not take long for us to drop down in size lol. Went from 15 on Friday to 5 of us checking in yesterday Carol would make 6. I knew weekends would be tough on people. Jack did check in again but for some reason has not been able to find this thread.
  • howie6267
    Options
    I have to recant that statement. For some reason my browser had not updated I will have to go back and add in the rest of you that check in.
  • Hmrjmr1
    Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Here's a link to a 20 min talk that I found inspiring. Some of the facts in it are areal wake up call...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGgoCm1hofM
  • GoodDaytoYou
    GoodDaytoYou Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    It's been a restful weekend. Glad I took time time for sleep and self care.
  • heronh
    heronh Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Carb nite!! Yay! Going to a fancy Cajun restaurant tonight. I think I did lose weight this week because I weighed myself yesterday after Muay Thai and I lost 0.7 lbs but today I'm up 3 lbs lol. Which is the normal fluctuation range for me.
    Hope I will have a confirm loss next week
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Internet issues, so deleting a repost
  • montana_girl
    Options
    Ugh... wrote the previous post yesterday but didn't hit "Post Reply." Must have been exhausted after the race! LOL

Today was a good day, got back on track today after a few days of overeating. Hopefully I can keep this up for the rest of the week and not see another gain on weigh in day.

Hope everyone had a good weekend!
  • montana_girl
    Options
    Today tho I made the PaleOMG Savory Breakfast casserole for the family Subday brunch. 1lb chirizo, one dozen eggs, one large sweet potato. So yummy. Easily located by searching paleomg chirizo breakfast casserole.

That sounds awesome! Going to have to remember that and see if I can get my husband to make it. :happy:
  • MarkMcElvy
    MarkMcElvy Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the ideas, some form of meat is usually included. homegrown pork, bacon or ham even venison sausage.
  • JackTJr
    JackTJr Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Ok, can't figure out how to do this from my phone which will make it even more challenging. Day 3 and I'm still in!:smile::smile:
  • easmythcrna
    easmythcrna Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday! Two years ago I started my fitness journey. Eight months later I reached my goal weight. Thanks to everything I learned from the Fat2Fit podcast and the other podcasts that I was introduced to here, I'm maintaining my goal weight. ????
  • Hmrjmr1
    Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday Folks! Rollin right along. Fairly new to the Fat2Fit scene but have been on this journey since 1 jan 2011. Used 70 or so LBS before I found MFP and just hooked up with F2F a couple months ago. During my journey it seemed like every time I would get to the point I could start doing challenging exercise I would have a kidney problem. So 3 Surgeries last year and stone and cancer free now. Finding the best balance between diet and exercise for a 60 year old (this coming Nov) is a blast. have a great and blessed day.
  • kris3b
    kris3b Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    GOOD morning all!
    Michigander Kristin here. I joined MFP yesterday and remembered that Carol had mentioned Fat2FitHQ had a group so I joined. I know Carol from my days on SparkPeople. I haven't been on there in ages, but desperately think I am in need of some accountability since I have successfully not lost a pound in forever. I have remained relatively consistent with workouts, but in the quest to go vegetarian the diet needs work. My biggest issues right now are: work stress; a body that prefers higher protein (not the best fit if I want to go vegetarian); workout burnout; and dealing with these darn perimenopausal hot flashes. Glad to have found y'all and look forward to getting to know you.
    Happy Monday!
  • kris3b
    kris3b Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday Folks! Rollin right along. Fairly new to the Fat2Fit scene but have been on this journey since 1 jan 2011. Used 70 or so LBS before I found MFP and just hooked up with F2F a couple months ago. During my journey it seemed like every time I would get to the point I could start doing challenging exercise I would have a kidney problem. So 3 Surgeries last year and stone and cancer free now. Finding the best balance between diet and exercise for a 60 year old (this coming Nov) is a blast. have a great and blessed day.

What an inspiring post! Congrats on your success and even more on being cancer free. It is a great reminder that I need to make my appointment for my scope. I have kidney issues and am due for it. Just so happen to be dealing with another episode. Had to take the diuretics last night since I ballooned up yesterday from them not draining properly. Happens from time to time. Thank you for the reminder to get it checked. Blessings:)
  • MarkMcElvy
    MarkMcElvy Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Day 4, having my first cup of 'bulletproof coffee':smile: , not bad. Don't know if it will be as satisfying me as it has for others but we will see.
    Welcome Kristin, glad you found us.
  • TJ_Gauthier
    TJ_Gauthier Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Jack, you CAN"T!!! Unless you login through the full site and not the app...

They need to do something about that.
  • howie6267
    Options
    Well we only lost 4 over the weekend, there are still 11 of us in running for the million dollars. You did say 1 million right Carol?

I have got to figure out a better way to live on the weekends. I did lousy both Friday and Saturday so once again it's not looking to good for a loss this week. Did great yesterday so at least I had one out of the 3 days.

Glad you found us Jack. I would love to see them redesign the site so you get notifications of a post on the forums and so they would be on the phone app.

Sounds like you have been through the ringer hmrjmr1. Glad you are doing ok now!

Welcome Kris good to have you here.
  • montana_girl
    Options
    Good morning, everyone!

TJ - I agree, they need to add the community to the app. I am going to lose at least a day next weekend because we will be camping, no Wi-Fi, and no cell service. Doubt I will be able to talk my husband into going into town (or finding a cell service area) just to check in! LOL

Howie - I didn't eat the best on Friday or Saturday (darn Costco cookies kept calling my name!), but was able to get back on track yesterday. So it sounds like we are in the same boat this week! :smile:

Kristin - Welcome to the group! :happy:

Going to be a busy week for me, both at work and after work, but trying to remember to check in everyday!
  • TJ_Gauthier
    TJ_Gauthier Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    DANGIT!.... Well, I lost quick! I forgot to check in yesterday, but here I am today.

This week, we're off to a good start. We finished the ice cream last night, which is acutually a good/bad. The good: It's no longer in the house. The bad: We had ice cream... Oh, well, lol.

We started off pretty well today, with a gym visit. We're having our version of a taco salad, for lunch. It's basically just a salad with taco meat. I like to use taco sauce and sour cream for dressing.
  • beerbikegirl
    beerbikegirl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday. A week with no travel for me which is rare - or at least has been lately. Which leaves me with zero excuses.