This was brought to my attention

Options
Several friends/family have commented recently on my weight loss. 71lbs. I started last Sept. So not quite a 100 in a year which was my hope but still better damn good. I still see myself the 320lb girl in the first photo.

My husband convinced me to take a selfie when recently trying on "normal" girl jeans. Yeah theyre still a size 20 but screw you, Lane Bryant. I don't need you! Ignore the crazy face bc my fat self is not use to taking full body selfies

May 2013
[img][/img]935649_599055060129018_405382702_n.jpg

May 2014
[img][/img]58668bab-af5f-4ac3-bbbb-9bc9d66e138f.jpg

Recently at Old Navy lol, July 2014
[img][/img]securedownload.jpg
[img][/img]securedownload1.jpg

Yep, still lots of flab hanging out in places

Replies

• melissasue0317
    melissasue0317 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    OK, well I tried hahaha. How do I get my pictures to show up :(
  • NorahCait
    NorahCait Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Several friends/family have commented recently on my weight loss. 71lbs. I started last Sept. So not quite a 100 in a year which was my hope but still better damn good. I still see myself the 320lb girl in the first photo.

My husband convinced me to take a selfie when recently trying on "normal" girl jeans. Yeah theyre still a size 20 but screw you, Lane Bryant. I don't need you! Ignore the crazy face bc my fat self is not use to taking full body selfies

May 2013
    935649_599055060129018_405382702_n.jpg

May 2014
    1456001_786934317997516_2694567653192837824_n.jpg

Recently at Old Navy lol, July 2014
    securedownload.jpg
    securedownload1.jpg

Yep, still lots of flab hanging out in places
  • NorahCait
    NorahCait Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Looks like the second photo is too big, but you can edit that in photo bucket to make it smaller! The key to getting the photos to work is to put the [ img ] and [ /img ] in lower case (with no spaces).

You look AWESOME! Keep up the amazing work :)
  • melissasue0317
    Options
    I think I edited it smaller now. [img][/img]58668bab-af5f-4ac3-bbbb-9bc9d66e138f.jpg
  • melissasue0317
    Options
    Thanks for your help and comments Norahcait! It finally took me seeing these pictures side by side to realize that yes 70lbs makes a difference in appearance. Hopefully you all can see the difference as well and I am not tooting my own horn prematurely haha. Still a long ways to go but it will happen. Slowly but surely!
  • wennim
    wennim Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Wow that is awesome progress! The difference is really noticeable. I haven't lost as much but I am dealing with the same thing of still seeing myself at my heaviest. My husband says it is really noticeable but I just don't see it.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness....this difference is shocking amazing!! And you are so rocking those new jeans.... I have a muffin top (getting more pronounced the more weight I lose, as my skin is loose and my fat likes to shimmy-shift around), and lumps and rolls, but by golly, I can buy from the plus size at WM. Never had Lane Bryant $100+ jeans, but inherited some fashion bug ones...

CONGRATS!!!! This is so incredible. You are so very lucky to have a hubby who can find a way to show you how much progress you've made....in a way that you can finally **see**...
  • andysdream
    Options
    Congratulations! You look fantastic.

Andrea
  • PatrickB_87
    PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! It's so wonderful to really see the changes that are taking place. I know your not feeling quite like your after image, but you have come far and are doing great. Keep up the good work.
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Sexy Mama! Wow, you look fantastic. In your now shots I just kept thinking Im almost in a 20 and no way am I that small! You look so good! I so wish I had some body shots when I was 123 lbs heavier. I never got my picture taken, just my drivers license photo because there was no way out of that.

How tall are you? I still cant get over Im almost in the same size and you look soo good!
  • carostad
    carostad Posts: 161
    Options
    The before and after is amazing! You're lucky to be able to see that.

I'm going to have to dig up some old pictures at some point. I avoid the camera so much, as so many of us do.

Thanks for sharing!
  • catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!! You look FANTASTIC!!! You have done so well, CONGRATS!!!! That has got to be motivating to keep going...and you have inspired me to get off my buns and get some exercise in today which I have been puttin' off for 3 days!! Thanks for that!

Great job and thank you for sharing!! That took some courage to post before and where you are now...not sure I can do that!!
    Thanks again!

Nancy
  • tishtash77
    tishtash77 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    It does absolutely show, you are looking great, well done :) We have lost almost the same you and I, and I too sometimes do not see it. I need to remind myself sometimes This is not something to achieve, it is something to do and live. If that makes sense.
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Wow!!!! Big Kudos on your progress. Inspirational and encouraging.
  • melissasue0317
    Options
    Thank you everyone !! At my fittest, I was still pushing 170-185 and a size 14. I'm 5'8 and former athlete. So I think that's why I carry the weight differently even now. My goal was to be in a 20 by fall so now I'm shooting for 18 lol. Baby steps and a re-imagining of what my goal will look like. Pictures totally slap you in the face, good and bad. Plus, Can't hide from the camera in our family :)

Plus I wanted my kids to know one day that I enjoyed every minute w them in pictures regardless of how I think I look. They should just see their momma and (hopefully lol) think I'm beautiful.
  • mikesgirl4evr
    mikesgirl4evr Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Melissa, you should be so proud.......you look awesome!!! Not that you weren't beautiful before, but you have made such fabulous progress. I think it's very important for us to always remember just how far we have come. That's one reason my profile picture is a collage.....my before and my (relatively) now, lol. It's so easy to get trapped in the "I have so far to go" state of mind that we often forget just how far we have already come. Congrats to you!!!
  • katykuns
    katykuns Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    The Old Navy photos show a massive difference! Well done! The May 2014 one less so, but your clothes aren't revealing your loss so well, they are quite floaty and loose. I think you look fantastic :)
  • julieworley376
    julieworley376 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Fabulous fabulous fabulous.. WOW gone a coupla days and all this happens!
  • artelyn
    artelyn Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    You look mahhhhhhvelous!!! Great job!