Surgery scheduled Aug 19th!!

Options
ChaCha575
ChaCha575 Posts: 12 Member
Hello, Im new to the group and very excited to report I have pre-op scheduled for Aug 13th and my surgery Aug 19th? Any pointers for what I am about to experience?

Replies

• ChaCha575
    ChaCha575 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Has anyone taken the protein powder Almased? I brought the powder and the tea and wanted some feedback before I try it.

Thanks!
  • itz4judy
    Options
    Just be patient with yourself. It's truly a process. It's about behavior
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Attend your local post op support group. they are an invaluable resource for the surgery process. Surgery is only 10 % of the process the other 90% is changing your relationship with food. Are you already logging your food daily? Are you taking your vitamins? Get some samples of different protein drinks. You dont want to stock up because your tastes change after surgery. I like the premier protein 30g premade shakes from sams club. i liked unjury protein powder before surgery but hated it after. have never tried almased. I like vitafusion gummie vitamins, simply right chewable 5000mg biotin, and viactiv calcium with vit d chews, all from sams club. If you have a specific question post it here and you will get good feedback.
    my food diary is open feel free to look at what i eat
  • Jaye1120
    Jaye1120 Posts: 26
    Options
    I'm having my surgery on Aug 26 2014. Apprehensive. About protein, I found that COSTCO has the highest amount of protein drink called Premium Protein (30grams). Its tasty, not too expensive and works great!
  • benagek
    benagek Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I hope your surgery went well and I hope you come back soon to tell us all about it. I am scheduled to have surgery September 26th so I'm reading everything I possibly can to prepare. Good luck!! We're thinking about you!!