Garmin 620 restart or save run technical ?

Options
So in the middle of my long run today, my Garmin 620 stops (accidentally bumped it). So I get a save screen. I didn't want to lose my first part of my run so I didn't choose "discard". So I just clicked save and then immediately started a new run with the "start" button.

If I had pressed restart instead, would the Garmin have saved the previous segment or lost it? Anyone else experiencing this dilemma? This is the first time the 620 has done this.

What I'm getting at is this: are there two options? Save or discard (the only two options I see on the screen). Or are there three? Save or discard or restart (by pressing start again). And if you press restart from the save screen, are you starting a new run or restarting one you stopped?

Replies

• CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    Just hit start again and it will add on to the previous part of the run. It won't start a new run until you download the workout our hold the lap button to save/reset the run.
  • _Josee_
    _Josee_ Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    That happened to me before and I did what you did (and was pissed about it lol)

Glad to know there is a way to work around it! I'm going to test it at the beginning of my run tomorrow!
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    I bump mine occasionally too. Just hit the start button again (even on the "save" screen) and it will pick right back up again.