Aug 3 (Sunday)

Options
Hope everyone has been doing well this past week. I'm back at home after a great mini-vacation to Florida. My 17 year old step-daughter has been staying with us for the past month and left this morning for home in Arkansas so now it's time to get the house back to zero child status which basically means the front bedroom will be cleaned and closed off and the second bathroom goes back to the kitties' potty room. lol

Now that I'm home I started back with Sansone's WATP videos and have done the 4 mile ones for two nights. Ordered a new stove yesterday so by the end of the week I'm hoping to be able to cook properly again. Until then I'm trying to keep me and the hubs as healthy as possible with the crockpot and our little toaster oven.

Have another big project due on Wednesday for my grad class so that will be taking up my time and my brain space until it's complete. A final piece is to read the Feminine Mystique and write a paper on it which is due the following Wednesday. With that the class will be completed and I can get started working on my classroom in preparation for school starting again. Hopefully that will all keep me busy enough to stay away from overeating so I can reach my next goal of 50 lost before my birthday. Don't know if I'll make it but I should be pretty close. :happy:

Happy Sunday to all!

Sandy

Replies

• djcangel
    djcangel Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Hi Sandy, and All, I was going to post a new blog today asking everyone to do a quick check in as to how they are doing, when my husband walks in and says, 'Want to go somewhere?' You bet I do , said I. So off we went to check out this really retro flea market where they sell home grown fruits and veggies, chickens, goats, sheep, horses, pigeons. 'Alive, alive Ohhh...' I ended up getting stung on the butt by a wasp, a particularly mean one as here I sit an hour and two aspirins later still in pain. But it was fun none the less and I was proud that I did NOT scarf down any of the numerous homemade tacos or raspas on sale there. On the way home I was hungry so we stopped at a convenience store and again I was proud of myself, buying only a zero cal. ice tea and a deli express club for the road trip home, again passing on the egg rolls, tacos, chips, and all the other goodies to the eye, 'baddies' to the healthy life I have chosen!!! So forgive me for the BRAGGING, lol.
    @Sandy, I am glad you had a nice mini vaca, sounds like you did pretty good keeping in line with the healthy lifestyle too. The kitties don't actually use the toilet, do they? I have heard of some, and seen a video or two of cats that can and do use the toilet.
    Congrats on getting your new STOVE this week!!!
    You having so much coming up to stay occupied almost makes me miss my working days, ALMOST, lol. Best of luck on your goal of reaching the five-O mark by your BD...I needs to set me some new goals...let me think on it a bit.

HOPE EVERYONE else is doing well, HOPE to hear from all soon. Have a Great new week!!! dj
  • thin4me59
    Options
    Hi all, sounds like everyone is doing great! @djcangel you have aright to brag! That was a lot of will power. We have a big catering coming up at work Tuesday so I went in today with another staff member and worked on some prep. (It will make tomorrow much easier). Had to make brownies, fudge frosting and buttercream frosting! They can be my down fall but fortunately I only had 1 small taste. (That for me was willpower!) Very busy week ahead, but sometimes that is good! Keeping busy keeps me from eating!

Anyways, have a great week all.
  • DarrylsGinger
    DarrylsGinger Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    DJ.. Sorry about your butt.. though I admit to being very bad and giggling just a little at the image.. lol. You did GREAT on passing on the artery cloggers and choosing the club. KUDOS!

Dorothy.. I don't see how you do it. I'd have a very hard time working everyday with such delicious foods and not being able to indulge. You must have amazing willpower! Whoot!
  • LydiaZembower
    LydiaZembower Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Dorothy, I am glad everyone is able to resist temptation! I also have been good for the past 4 days. I actually don't have any more heartburn. It usually goes away if I watch what I eat.
    DJ. Sorry to hear about the wasp sting! When Max was little there was this enormous yellow jacket wasp under his bed covers! It stung him like 3 times in his foot and he screamed for a very long time. Since then he doesn't like to sleep alone and hates all kinds of bugs. So I am proud that you didn't just say, "Let's go home my butt hurts!" I would have had to put ice on it and that would have looked funny.
    Sandy, So glad that you had a nice vacation. I know it's great having the kids around to visit, but the clean up, getting everything back on track, and mostly missing them is hard.
    Glad to hear you have a stove this week and can cook again.
    Max and I are busy doing school work trying to do a month's amount of work in 2-4 days per subject. Hope it works!
  • djcangel
    Options
    Darlene- You have the hardest job ever when it comes to having self control. You are an inspiration! Even just reading what you are making makes me drool. I am So Proud of You. If you can resist temptation, then I have NO excuse. YOU ROCK! Keep on keepin on tellin me how you don't give in to all that tempting stuff you have to be hands on with, you make me stronger!

Sandy- thanks for the sympathy and the giggle too! :)

Lydia- Super that you have been able to not get the heartburn, that sucks...have been there, and so has my hubby...sleepless nights with him. I hope that Max grows out of the fear of bugs and learns that if you are not allergic that it is a temporary owwie. The bug was just defending itself from a very big monster in its eyes.

FUNNIEST part was me walking in a crowded flea market and all of a sudden grabbing my butt and jumping around trying to figure out what had got me, and trying to get rid of it...I know that must have been a sight, but what the heck it hurt, then when we got home I ask my hubby if he would kiss my owwie, and he promptly refused, so much for better or worse, lol.
  • DarrylsGinger
    Options
    DJ.. he really should have kissed it.. lol
  • djcangel
    Options
    @Sandy, I gotta know...do your kitties use the toilet??? LOL...that would be so great!!!:laugh:
  • DarrylsGinger
    Options
    lol.. it would be awesome but no... they just have use of the second bathroom for their litter box. They only have to share the room when one of the kids comes to visit so it's their potty.