I did it!!!

Options
PatrickB_87
PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
This is a bit self congratulatory but I'm going to do it because I am happy with myself and have had one of those feelings of "I can do anything."

Today I did my longest bike ride. I went a total of 45.76 miles. I started my ride at 8:23 Am and rode for a total of four hours. I went an average of 11.24 mph and ascended 691 feet. By the computers estimations I burned 3,442 calories (almost a pound).

Today Is August 3, 2014. I got back on the bike on June 16, 2014, or 49 days ago. In that time I have ridden a combined 225.74 miles.

For a little context, here was my ride on June 16, 2014. Just 2 miles, and I was exhausted at the end of that ride (being in the hardest gear and not knowing didn't help).

It's that little red line in the lower right.
2ia4tie.png

Here is my ride from today. (for more details: http://www.strava.com/activities/175046282)
125s7t5.png

I started from home and rode the entire Iron Horse Regional Trail, 27 miles. That was suppose to be the end of my trip. I was going to turn around and ride back into Pleasant Hill to the Bay Area Rapid Transit station and take the train home. I got to the end and had the desire to see the bay and dip my toes in the water. Let's just say it looked a lot like a lot shorter trip on my phone. 6.6 mies later uphill, I reached to water. If I wasn't so exhausted I might have jumped up and down, but their were people around and that just wouldn't be proper decorum.

qz54dj.jpg
I sat at the bench and watched the kites and enjoyed the breeze.

mltmky.jpg

Replies

• KarenZen
    KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    All I can say is WOW. Well done.
  • melissasue0317
    melissasue0317 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Hell yes that's amazing!! Pardon the language but holy crap dude!

This is inspiring for sure. I love reading everyone's triumphs. Also that looks like a beautiful area to live in!
  • carostad
    carostad Posts: 161
    Options
    Awesome! Next time, take a selfie!
  • PatrickB_87
    Options
    Thanks everyone. It was a lot more then I thought I would be able to do, especially since my longest ride up till then had been 22 miles.

I defiantly though about a selfie or asking someone to take a picture of me and the bike but I just couldn't bring myself to do it, less because of how I thought I would look (I was tired but very happy at the time) and more because my social anxiety.

I am going to do the 25 mile part of the ride again in revers in two weeks with a new group of people (found of MeetUp.com) so perhaps I will do it then.
  • tishtash77
    tishtash77 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    OMG. That is such an accomplishment Pat! The strength of character and body that must have taken. Virtual victory hug and high five!
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    So freaking awesome! You are a true inspiration. I am so glad you took the time to sit there and enjoy your accomplishment for a bit..
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Patrick, I just wanted to say you are so inspiring - so much so, in fact, that you got me to get up and take a morning walk for only the second time in around two months!! Thanks, Carly
  • ronercat
    ronercat Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    That really is an amazing thing you have done. To improve so much in a short time is very inspiring to a lot of people. Good job and good luck on your next group ride!
  • PatrickB_87
    Options
    Thanks everyone.

Carly, I'm glad it could help. Just keep pushing a little at a time and your feet will be taking you anywhere you want soon enough.
  • wennim
    wennim Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    That had to have felt amazing! I have recently rediscovered bike riding as well
    and am loving it.
  • PatrickB_87
    Options
    Hi wennim,

It did, but the last bit had me wondering what the heck I was thinking. It's glad to have another fellow bike rider in the group.
  • julieworley376
    julieworley376 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    OMG Pat that is freaking AWESOME!! I don't have enough words to say how amazing that is.. YOU ROCK!!!