What ticks you off the most about losing weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• anglergirl3
    anglergirl3 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I get ticked off when I'm the 'fat friend' watching what I eat when my metabolically blessed friends can eat whatever they want in copious amounts.

I get ticked when I have a GREAT diet day then go home and eat the whole fridge.

I get ticked when I feel like losing 5 lbs makes no difference, but gaining 2 makes me feel like a whale.

Yeah!
  • lisele03
    lisele03 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Yep - I agree with EVERYONE.... I just wish losing weight could be as delicious as putting it on.... I love the fooodz!
  • sydsquidlee
    sydsquidlee Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    1. I hate losing weight and you feel good but NO ONE notices. It feels all for not.
    2. Still having the one pair of jeans that doesn't button
    3. Having to say no to seconds, wine, dessert, appetizers, etc.. when out with friends
    4. I coach high school boys aau basketball so I am surrounded by people eating what ever they want when they want and having six packs.
    5. I hate trying really hard in the gym and still stuck in a rut,.
  • aym130
    aym130 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone comments. My weight lost kind of plateau, one step to the right direction for weight lose and then two steps to another direction weight gain. The "muffin top" is never seems to want to leave. :sad:
  • gaylan61802
    gaylan61802 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I hate counting calories.
  • Frayde
    Frayde Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    The process of losing weight is frustrating, especially when I've hit a plateau like I so often seem to (lose a few-plateau for a month or more, repeat). But I can't say it ticks me off particularly. It worries me when people say how good I look. What was I before, chopped liver? But what really annoys me, and probably it's the relationship more than anything, is when my 95-year-old mother-in-law brags that she can eat anything because she has never had a problem with her weight. She does this once or twice a week, has only done it since I started my weight loss process, and lives with me to boot. And no, there is no talking to her...she has dementia. I must be patient!
  • Onoiam50
    Onoiam50 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    All of the above plus
    1. The constant battle with the inner demon that encourages me to eat for comfort, questions my ability to stick to a healthy eating and exercise plan. Failed many times before so why should this be any different.....
    2. It's oh so slow, when you have a lot to lose it means a long term goal to achieve the target, in my case a minimum of a year
    3. Everyone is an expert on what you should be doing and if they see you eat a "treat" they are quick to pick you up on it
    4. Alternately the enablers that try to break you with "go on one won't hurt you"
    5. Weight loss industry in general as they are all designed to keep you paying out for their product
  • mspoopoo
    mspoopoo Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    It ticks me off because I want to eat all the Peanut Butter Tims Tams and I can't. :(
  • sophysings
    sophysings Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    My friend brought some TimTams over when she visited last year and I loved them. I'm glad she didn't bring peanut butter ones as I think I would be constantly emailing her and asking her to ship some over!
  • anglergirl3
    anglergirl3 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    When you think you are doing so well and the damn scale won't budge, no matter where I put the stupid thing, move it this way, move it that way, pee, poo. try again and it won't freaking BUDGE!! LOL

This^
  • 1crvygrl
    1crvygrl Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone comments. My weight lost kind of plateau, one step to the right direction for weight lose and then two steps to another direction weight gain. The "muffin top" is never seems to want to leave. :sad:
    EXACTLY!!! I get stuck at a weight for awhile , finally start to lose some and then bam, I'm back where I was or even higher:sad:
  • bangbangchoochootrain
    Options
    I hate counting calories.

YES. I biked today so I knew I could order whatever I wanted so I got my usuals (frappucino, wahtever burger, fries, etc.) and although today I'm under calories it made me so sad to see how much it was normally :cry: And to think I'll have to do this for at least a year, if not more if I turn out to be one of those people who can't maintain without counting!